Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lordstannis Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2016, 04:53 PM
    How to come up for idea for tattoo?
    Okay, I want something for my dad, we're pretty close and I want to get something for him. The problem is I am having trouble coming up with anything. I don't want anything too huge, just something small. I have a carnation on my biceps for my mom, a little bigger than the size of a baseball. I was wondering if maybe someone here could help me? I know he likes western movies, soccer, boxing, we always used to watch sports together, he is a hard worker and likes music banda (mexican). Besides that I don't know what else.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2016, 08:41 PM
    "I want something for my dad". Something for your body or his?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2016, 10:30 PM
    Does your dad even like tattoo's? A tattoo on a person's body is for them, not really for the other person. If you are doing it for another person, you talk to them, ask them what they would like. Not just pick something yourself and hope they like it.

I am getting a lotus flower, for my wife, because her names means that, and we talked about it, and even looked though 1000's of tattoo designs together and picked one out.

So if you really want to make it special, take Dad with you, and/or sit together and pick the tattoo out together.
    lordstannis Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2016, 02:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    "I want something for my dad". Something for your body or his?
    Obviously something on me for him. Why would I ask for his body?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Does your dad even like tattoo's? A tattoo on a person's body is for them, not really for the other person. If you are doing it for another person, you talk to them, ask them what they would like. Not just pick something yourself and hope they like it.

I am getting a lotus flower, for my wife, because her names means that, and we talked about it, and even looked though 1000's of tattoo designs together and picked one out.

So if you really want to make it special, take Dad with you, and/or sit together and pick the tattoo out together.
    Yes, my dad has a full back piece and a sleeve. But I wanted to surprise him when I show him it. He recently got diagnosed with an early form of cancer and I want to get something to honor him before it's too late. Even if he is projected to turn out fine.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need an idea of a price range for this tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

I know that different tattoo artists give different prices, and that it all depends on time and stuff, but if someone could give me a pallpark estimate on this tattoo it would be greatly apprechiated. I'm getting a tattoo of a cross with a scroll around it, the cross isn't filled in. around the...

Tattoo placement, is the side a good idea if you're a girl? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, I was just wondering about placing a tattoo on your side; around the area where the arm falls but also the tattoo would curve over the hip and waist line a bit. The image is a chinese snake dragon... if I got it there and right now I'm an average sized girl, how much would it stretch if...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

Tattoo idea [ 8 Answers ]

Want to get a tattoo but I need an idea on what I should get. I know what I want it to symbolize though. I want to get like 7 small something's... each thing representing something significant... like one thing would be my family, one would be my friends, etc. but I don't know what that...

View more questions Search