Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chia7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2016, 04:43 PM
    Money received from husband, but not yet divorced
    If I receive money in 2015 from my foreign national husband from a foreign country and we are not yet divorced or even before the judge in 2016, as a US citizen do I need to report it as income?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 25, 2016, 02:52 PM
    Since you are still married then you may not have to report it depending on how you are filing but you may have to report the source as the funds came from outside the U.S.
    Chia7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2016, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Since you are still married then you may not have to report it depending on how you are filing but you may have to report the source as the funds came from outside the U.S.
    What type of filing would require it to be reported?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 27, 2016, 03:08 PM
    Check here to see what applies to you.

Tax Reporting Requirements of United States

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I received spousal support from husband that only received ss [ 1 Answers ]

I have a premarital agreement stating spousal support in case of a divorce. My husband only receives social security can I still receive this from social security?

My husband divorced me and got everything without me knowing anything about it [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for 25 yrs. He beat me throughout the marriage, broken ribs, hand and arm, etc. I left him last year and have tried several times to get my things. He would never allow me to have a vehicle in my name but when I left I took our car and left him with our truck. I found out he was...

What happens to me if I have n l2 visa and my husband has an l1 and we get divorced [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the usa on a l2 visa,my husband has an l1 visa,what will happen to me when our divorce is final?

Received gifts from my ex husband after we were divorced. Do I have to return them? [ 3 Answers ]

My ex husband is taking me to court for return of gifts he purchased for me AFTER we were divorced. Some of these include boots specifically for me, a chinchilla that is very much MY pet, puzzles, and a shop vac. He also wants money for things he paid for on my behalf such as plastic to winterize...

Divorced, but name still on vehicle of ex-husband's [ 4 Answers ]

I got divorced almost 2 years ago. When I was married I had signed on a loan with him so he could have a work truck. We had paid on it. When we got divorced, it was in the divorce decree that the truck was now his sole responsibility and the he needed to refinance it to get my name off. He never...

View more questions Search