hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 10, 2016, 02:14 PM
    Are you talking about nails in drywall?
    leen321 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2016, 12:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    Are you talking about nails in drywall?
    Yes in the drywall... I measured and there is a nail pop every 16 inches.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 15, 2016, 10:30 AM
    Something go lost here. You ask a question about nail pops.
    If you have nail pops every 16" the dry waller miss the center of the stud and put a nail in the edge of the stud. Changes in humidity is now pushing the nails out. Pull the nails and put another nail or screw about 3/4" to either the left or right. You can tell when you hit the stud by the resistance. Screws are better.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 15, 2016, 12:22 PM
    Agree with Harold : use screws instead of nails.
    leen321 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2016, 10:21 AM
    Thanks everyone... I have learned many valuable lessons in this thread.

I should have posted here before hiring someone. It is almost as if I needed to 'know' remodel/construction to make sure the 'professional' I hired followed all the details that you all have posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My tub stopper is located outside of my tub on the floor and it doesn't drain. [ 1 Answers ]

My tub stopper is located outside of my tub on the floor and it doesn't drain. Its in a metal tube next to the bathtub and it connects underground. You have to push the lever down to fill out the tub and pull the lever up to drain the water. When I pull the lever up, it does not drain. How can I...

First floor ceiling leak beneath the master tub on second floor [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My twin infants accidentally poured water on the tiled floor of our master bathroom while taking shower. It was not rainy outside but when I went downstairs, I saw water leaking from the ceiling of the first floor. How can I get it fixed?

Rough-in for tub in slab, do I need tub-box? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a DIYer. I did the rough-in for our guest house outbuilding. Concrete slab. For the centerdrain tub I used a tub-box. It worked out OK I guess. I then tiled over the bathroom floor and the stub-out. Now we are getting ready to do the main house concrete slab which will also have a tub....

Alcove tub questions [ 1 Answers ]

We're replacing a 5ft tub in the "alcove" end of a small bathroom. The space is actually a few inches longer, plus or minus wallboard & tile. Plan is to butt tub to 2 walls & make a 4-5" deck at left end and also along front - both for aesthetics & easier install. Would like to tile the small strip...

Replacing tub in 3 wall alcove, trouble reaching drain pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have a old tub that I want to replace that is located in a 3 wall alcove. The supply side of the tub has a 6'' thick cement wall blocking access to the drain system from the backside (house is built on slope, 20y old and this is on bottom floor which is cement, no crawlspace that I know...

View more questions Search