Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lonelygymnast Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2016, 07:01 AM
    What should I do?
    So, as I said in another post, My mom sleeps until 1 or 2 pm every day. Well, normally, I would sit in bed with her and eventually fall asleep because I would have nothing better to do (I am supposed to be doing my homeschooling, but my mom is sleeping and I need her to give me the lesson.) Thankfully, next year I'm going to public school so I'll be able to get my work done. I wish I had never left public school :-( My mom had me homeschool, because she said I was being bullied too much. Well, the truth is, I wasn't being bullied anymore than the other kids. My mom is single and alone all day long everyday, so I think she just had me stay home to keep her company. But I actually have to do school at home. But when we do do school, she blames me for us being behind because she says I don't pay attention. We are extremely behind in my school (We are in the first 1/10 of the books that we need to be in the 8/10 of) We haven't even started this year's math! It is the end of February! Anyway, today, I came over to my mom's house (I spend the days at my mom's house, and every other weekend and every other week's nights at my dad's house. So I come over to my mom's house at about 7:45am and then my dad drops my three brothers off at school. Well I'm supposed to start my schooling, but as I said before, my mom sleeps and blah blah bah. So she wants me to sit in bed and play on my computer next to her or something. So I tell her that I'm going to find something else to do such as: take my dog for a walk, do something to improve my education, or make a sandwich. But I don't want to sit in bed, for a fear of falling asleep. I don't want to fall asleep, because I need to get up at 7:00am every morning to get in the car to come to my mom's house and eat breakfast. Well then my mom said and I quote: "What did your father tell you?" I said "What?"
    "Your father told you not to go back to sleep over here, didn't he?"
    "What? no."
    (and he really didn't)
    And then I explained to her why I didn't want to go back to sleep and she said:
    "Obviously, your father said that."
    "No he didn't"
    "I'm not stupid. You know he isn't a perfect parent either.(and then she lists all the things wrong about him)"
    "Mom, he didn't say anything about it."
    "I'm Sure he didn't. Whatever. Go downstairs and do whatever crap it is that is better than spending the time you have with your mother up here with me."
    Then she turned around and she is currently still asleep. I am in my room typing on my computer right now and she is still asleep. It is 8:55am and I know not to expect to see her for 4 or 5 hours. Great.
    What can I do about this. Whenever I confront my mother about these kinds of things then she blames it on me and my father. My brothers are angels sent from heaven to her. She doesn't get mad at them, and frankly I hate them too. They are little devils, but my mom doesn't care. She gives them whatever they want. They have all the video game consoles and everything. Sorry this was long. I just don't know what to do about all of this. I really can't take the constant remarks from her and the ignorance from my dad. I would tell him more about my situation, except, I know for a fact that he would confront my mother with it all. And I know this isn't all enough for a judge to say "OK you can live with your dad," so it feels like it would only make things worse. I just need some tips on how to get through all this without going mentally insane...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 23, 2016, 10:33 AM
    HI! Part of me wants to say "Geez, please spare me every excruciating detail." But I'm trying to understand that you are lonely as well as needing advice.
    My first advice is to do your school work. You don't need your mother to be teacher most of the time. You keep saying 'we!' She's not going through school with you.
    I went from kindergarten through 12th grade without one single bit of help from either parent, and was second in my class.
    Stay out of bed and start on the courses. You even have the teacher's guide and answers!

Also, you can set fire to your bed and computer. The power supply gets hot and needs air around it. Fires have burned people, and burned houses down.

Your brothers are a totally different subject. Name me a teen who doesn't feel the way you do about siblings.

In a few months it will be summer, then public school again. So grit your teeth, do the work yourself, being your own teacher, and wait.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 23, 2016, 11:28 AM
    I don't mean to sound harsh, but you are not in school because you lied about the extent of your being bullied. So instead of making excuses about your mom sleeping late, and miserable home life, why not do your school work from the time you get to your mom's house until she wakes up?

Worrying about the adult drama around you isn't doing any good because you have no control over it.
    Lonelygymnast Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2016, 11:33 AM
    I'm sorry, but when did I ever say that I lied?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2016, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonelygymnast View Post
    I'm sorry, but when did I ever say that I lied?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonelygymnast View Post
    So, as I said in another post, My mom sleeps until 1 or 2 pm every day. Well, normally, I would sit in bed with her and eventually fall asleep because I would have nothing better to do (I am supposed to be doing my homeschooling, but my mom is sleeping and I need her to give me the lesson.) Thankfully, next year I'm going to public school so I'll be able to get my work done. I wish I had never left public school :-( My mom had me homeschool, because she said I was being bullied too much. Well, the truth is, I wasn't being bullied anymore than the other kids. My mom is single and alone all day long everyday, so I think she just had me stay home to keep her company. But I actually have to do school at home. But when we do do school, she blames me for us being behind because she says I don't pay attention. We are extremely behind in my school (We are in the first 1/10 of the books that we need to be in the 8/10 of) We haven't even started this year's math! It is the end of February! Anyway, today, I came over to my mom's house (I spend the days at my mom's house, and every other weekend and every other week's nights at my dad's house. So I come over to my mom's house at about 7:45am and then my dad drops my three brothers off at school. Well I'm supposed to start my schooling, but as I said before, my mom sleeps and blah blah bah. So she wants me to sit in bed and play on my computer next to her or something. So I tell her that I'm going to find something else to do such as: take my dog for a walk, do something to improve my education, or make a sandwich. But I don't want to sit in bed, for a fear of falling asleep. I don't want to fall asleep, because I need to get up at 7:00am every morning to get in the car to come to my mom's house and eat breakfast. Well then my mom said and I quote: "What did your father tell you?" I said "What?"
    "Your father told you not to go back to sleep over here, didn't he?"
    "What? no."
    (and he really didn't)
    And then I explained to her why I didn't want to go back to sleep and she said:
    "Obviously, your father said that."
    "No he didn't"
    "I'm not stupid. You know he isn't a perfect parent either.(and then she lists all the things wrong about him)"
    "Mom, he didn't say anything about it."
    "I'm Sure he didn't. Whatever. Go downstairs and do whatever crap it is that is better than spending the time you have with your mother up here with me."
    Then she turned around and she is currently still asleep. I am in my room typing on my computer right now and she is still asleep. It is 8:55am and I know not to expect to see her for 4 or 5 hours. Great.
    What can I do about this. Whenever I confront my mother about these kinds of things then she blames it on me and my father. My brothers are angels sent from heaven to her. She doesn't get mad at them, and frankly I hate them too. They are little devils, but my mom doesn't care. She gives them whatever they want. They have all the video game consoles and everything. Sorry this was long. I just don't know what to do about all of this. I really can't take the constant remarks from her and the ignorance from my dad. I would tell him more about my situation, except, I know for a fact that he would confront my mother with it all. And I know this isn't all enough for a judge to say "OK you can live with your dad," so it feels like it would only make things worse. I just need some tips on how to get through all this without going mentally insane...
    Because that's exactly what you implied when you said the highlighted and underlined part of your post. There is absolutely no way she would know if you were being bullied or not if you have not told her you were.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 23, 2016, 02:54 PM
    Teens don't lie as much as they exaggerate. It's what they do! Everything's a big deal. We will never know how much you told your mother about bullying, and how much she was looking for an excuse to have you at home, so it's all moot. The fact is that you return to school next year and have 3 months left, so STUDY if you don't want to be kept back a year.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2016, 05:59 PM
    Read the lessons on your own. Start working on the math. You can find the tutorials that go with it online. Take the initiative and make a point of putting in several hours a day on your schoolwork.

Don't use your mother's inability to support you as an excuse. You can do this on your own, but it will take effort on your part to make it happen.

If your mother comments about not spending time with her, simply tell her that you're doing what you're suppose to be doing, that you will talk to her on your breaks, then walk away and help yourself have a future.

No excuses... maybe a set back, or getting off track now and then, but no excuses not to get on it and keep going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search