Ask
    wicaman91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2016, 08:28 PM
    Take atenolol 50 mg once a day but messed up and took 2 doses will I be OK
    Take atenolol 50 mg once a day but messed up and took 2 doses will I be OK
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2016, 08:36 PM
    If overdose is suspected, contact a poison control center or emergency room right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include: very slow heartbeat, severe dizziness, severe weakness, fainting, trouble breathing.

Some people take two a day as their normal medication when there is a serious need to lower blood pressure (or other treatment) depending on their own medical needs.
    FiveOne_Girl Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2016, 10:58 PM
    Don't worry you'll not get overdose just because of that. But if you feel ill, seek help immediately. Always stick to the dosage because if you often mistakenly double dose atenolol, it can lead to low blood pressure ESPECIALLY if you're taking atenolol not because of high blood pressure. Primary symptom of low blood pressure is lightheadedness/dizziness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I took 2 doses of plavix in a 12 hour period by mistake [ 2 Answers ]

I accidentally took 2 doses of plavix in a 24 hour period.. will I be OK

Heartgard doses... [ 3 Answers ]

My puppy is 15 weeks old and has just taken his first does of heartgard from the vet (have only had him for about 7 weeks and I'm not sure what the breeders gave him) and upon the first dose he threw up within about a half an hour. Called the vet the next day and they told me that I should give...

On trinessa. Missed 3 doses in week 2 [ 0 Answers ]

Kept taking pills as usual. Am now on week 4 of inactive pills. Have been having perid for 10 days now. What to do to get back on normal schedule. Know I didn't follow pkg instructions at time.

Lamictal and wellbutrin- 2 doses 1 hour apart [ 9 Answers ]

I accidental took 2 doees of my medication this Am. I take 500 mgs of lamictal and 300 of wellbutrin for Bipolar II. Meaning I ended up taking 1000 mgs of lamictal and 600mgs if wellbutrin. I can't think clearly, have double vison and walk like druck. That was at 6am and then 8am. I will...

How many doses. [ 5 Answers ]

Of vitaman C do I have to take, to see results?

View more questions Search