Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jasoup Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2016, 04:43 AM
    Revenues stated as Nil for Energy corporation
    Hi, I'm analyzing an annual report for Continental Energy Corporation
    The question I must answer is what is the revenue stated for the current year and the change from the preceding year.
    The problem that is confusing me is that on the financial statements revenue is shown as NIL (0) for all the years and only financial losses are shown.
    The company says that its primary source of funding is through the issuance of share capitals.

Basically my question is do I answer the question with 0 revenue for the year and 0 change? Why is the reason that this energy company has no revenue? Thanks
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 19, 2016, 11:32 AM
    Yes - 0 revenue and 0 change year-over-year. It seems these guys don't sell a product, but rather invest in other companies. So all they would have is investment activity income, not revenue from sale of products or fees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explain why revenues revenues and expenses recorded in profit and loss account [ 1 Answers ]

You are required to explain to a friend without no accounting knowledge why revenues and expenses recorded in profit and loss account do not necessarily represent receipt and payments made during the period which the profit and loss account covers. Use 3 examples.

On January 1, 2007, Fender Corporation had 90,000 shares of $1 stated value common st [ 1 Answers ]

Feb. 1 Issued 10,000 shares of common stock for $130,000. Mar. 5 Issued 2,000 shares of preferred stock for $62 per share. May 15 Purchased 7,000 shares of common stock for the treasury for $4 per share. Jun. 1 Declared a cash dividend of $0.50 per share of common stock to stockholders...

Moon Corporation and Star Corporation are in the same line of business and both were [ 2 Answers ]

Moon Corporation and Star Corporation are in the same line of business and both were recently organized, so it may be assumed that the recorded costs for assets are close to current market values. The balance sheets for the two companies are as follows at July 31, 2009: MOON CORPORATION Balance...

Explain with the revelance, the importance of Kinetic and potential energy in energy [ 1 Answers ]

Explain with the relevance, the importance of kinetic and potential energy in energy reactivation

How would I(ceo of a corporation) institutionalize ethics in the corporation. [ 2 Answers ]

Please send the answer as soon as possible. The question is - if I am a chief executive officer of a large corporation , how would I institutionalize ethics in the corporation?

View more questions Search