Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ar948 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2016, 08:53 PM
    Has anyone read the book The Sea-Wolf by Jack London? I have a few questions about it
    I have an assignment due about this book. I didn't get to finish reading the book on time and need to answer some questions on it. Anything would help. Thank you.

1. What is the main argument of the book?

2. What is life like on a ship at this time? Why is that the case?

3. What constitutes being a man in this society? Why are those qualities esteemed?

4. According to the main characters, how should life be lived? What is going on in the late 19th and early 20th centuries to make people think this way?

5. What is the role of women in this book? What does this portrayal indicate about the status of women in the US at this time?

6. How does the book depict the relationship of humans to nature? Why might this be an issue during this time?

7. Analyze the representation of life in the western US. Why might the book highlight the aspects of society that it does?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 17, 2016, 08:58 PM
    The rules of the site do not allow us to do your homework for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting by Jack L Gray, Common Burial at Sea. [ 1 Answers ]

Please let me know everything about it, and price.

Thesis on Jack London [ 81 Answers ]

I am writing an essay on jack london and the setting my thesis is.. a forest is a vast space filled with a multitude of obstacles, course changes, and shows the strength of life much like how Jack London expressed through words with the immense travels of a young man. My english teacher said to...

Questions about Wolf Hybrids. [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I just bought a Wolf Hybrid puppy. I've heard that normal dog food isn't good enough for them. Will raw meat make this breed aggressive like it does with normal dogs. Or is this just apart of it's everyday normal diet that it needs, and won't effect it's behavior. And another...

View more questions Search