Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    borel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2016, 06:47 AM
    Owners Draw based on month profits
    Hello,
    The business owner "draws" a certain percent of the profit.
    This is what is currently happening:

Each month the draw is taken based on the month's profits. However, there was a few months where there was a loss. In those months he did not take a draw.

So, when I calculate the percentage based on P/L for the year his draw is more than it should be.

My best solution for him is to base his percent calculations off year-to-date P/L and then subtract all the prior month draws to determine current month draw.

This guys bookkeeping is pretty limited, so I was hoping someone had an easier solution. Thanks!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2016, 01:07 PM
    Yes, prepare a budget and pay the owner according to the estimated annual profit with a bonus at year end if the budget is exceeded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOW DO I REport my Corporation owners draw? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to report my owners draw from a corporation, what form or schedule shoul I use?

I was asked to draw (S)-5-heptyn-3amine I know how to draw it, but , what does the [ 1 Answers ]

I was asked to draw (S)-5-heptyn-3amine I know how to draw it, but , what does the (S), means!

Convering non profits to for profits [ 4 Answers ]

Will converting your organization from Non profit status to for profit status actually cost you more in taxs than you will gain in access?

How do I project future profits based upon past quarterly returns [ 1 Answers ]

HOW DO I DETERMINE A PROJECTION FOR THE FUTURE PROFITABILITY OF A CLIENT BASED UPON THE LAST THREE QUARTERS, AND THE MONTH OF JANUARY 2008? The second QUARTER of 2007 the client generated $90 The third " " " $225 The fourth " ...

View more questions Search