Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bumblebee1010 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2016, 12:03 AM
    Calculating implicit and explicit costs HELP!
    1. Jason has long wanted to drive as an independent trucker, but the rental price for the truck Jason wanted is $6,000 per month and that was more than he could afford. For his 30th birthday, Jason’s father bought Jason the truck as a gift. Jason started driving the new truck as an independent trucker and was earning revenues of $18,000 a month with expenses of $13,000 a month (excluding any salary). He was recently bragging to a friend that he was clearing $5,000 a month from his business, which was better than the $4,000 a month he was making as a truck driver for his former employer, Global Shipping.

1. What are Jason’s explicit costs each month?

1. What are Jason’s implicit costs each month?

1. What is Jason’s economic profit each month? From a purely economic standpoint, evaluate the success of Jason’s business.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 15, 2016, 12:53 AM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..

Feb 15, 2016, 01:56 AM
    Hmm... I'm confused on whether Jason's explicit costs should include the $6000? Since the truck was purchased by his dad, does that mean rental fees are excluded from explicit costs? So the total explicit costs should amount to $13,000 ? I'm very confused about the implicit costs as well.. Does the implicit costs refer to the opportunity costs forgone if he did not drive as an independent trucker? If this is the case, then implicit costs should be 5000?

Feb 15, 2016, 02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    Hmm... I'm confused on whether Jason's explicit costs should include the $6000? Since the truck was purchased by his dad, does that mean rental fees are excluded from explicit costs? So the total explicit costs should amount to $13,000 ? I'm very confused about the implicit costs as well.. Does the implicit costs refer to the opportunity costs forgone if he did not drive as an independent trucker? If this is the case, then implicit costs should be 5000?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2016, 02:29 PM
    Look at this. What were the costs Jason incurred?

http://www.differencebetween.net/bus...explicit-cost/

Feb 17, 2016, 09:49 AM
    explicit costs = 6000+13000 = 18000
    implicit costs = 4000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implicit Costs [ 0 Answers ]

You have been working for home-building companies for a number of years. You enjoy construction work, and now you want to start your own home-building company that you will run yourself. You quit your previous job that had been paying $40,000 per year. You have $40,000 in your savings account...

Calculating Implicit interest rate [ 1 Answers ]

I was asked to calculate the implicit interest rate in a finance lease. The leasing arrangement (lease term is 5 years) comprises of lease payments being made semiannually (i.e. 1 July and 1 Jan – lease begins on 1 Jan and payments start on 1 July of that year and thereafter) and an unguaranteed...

Calculating supply and costs of Monobenzone cream [ 2 Answers ]

Heyyy! I have read a lot on this forum and on the web in general that it could take from 1 month to 2 whole years to depigment your skin completely. More specifically I have read that it usually takes from 1-4 months to depigment and about 1-2 years to maintain and stabilise the depigmentation. ...

Implicit differentiation vs explicit [ 2 Answers ]

I was asked to implicitly differentiate (x^2)y + y = 2, which I did: use product rule: ' = f'g + fg' f=x^2 g=y f'=2x g'=y' ' = 2' ' + ' = 2'

View more questions Search