Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2016, 05:19 AM
    True... get rid of the drugs today... don't keep them in your possession a day longer... don't give them back. By doing so, you'd be helping her not to get caught with them and it can't be turned around and said that YOU gave HER the drugs... which could still get you into trouble.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 13, 2016, 08:09 AM
    She's being MANIPULATIVE. Most druggies are, but don't start so young. Assuming she's around your age. Also called GUILT-TRIPPING.
    No different from the guy who gets girls to put out by whining "If you really cared about me, you'd have sex with me."

Doing what the 'leaders of the pack' tell you to do is a sign of a typical teen. Asserting your own mind with confidence is a sign of being adult.
    Don't use words. Just say 'here' and walk away, or she'll try all the old arguments.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 13, 2016, 08:16 AM
    I'm only going to add to what everyone else has told you...

If your boyfriend gets mad at you because you are trying to protect yourself, is he a caring boyfriend? I don't think so.

Also, does your Dad know you have a boyfriend or is this secretive? What does your dad think about the boyfriend? Does he approve?
    Thinkaboutit Posts: 270, Reputation: 5

Feb 13, 2016, 03:39 PM
    I would just get rid of the drugs but I'm a bit worried there is a fair amount I don't want to be responsible for them. I texted her to come get her stuff but she hasn't replayed it's the weekend so she's probably out or something. I feel very nervous and guilty having her stuff at the house now me da is home from his work trip. Just hope he doesn't decide to do one of his random checks in me room, might just hide stuff outside.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Feb 13, 2016, 03:54 PM
    Stop playing with this. Get rid of the stuff. Give it to your boyfriend and tell him to get rid of it. Keep playing games and you will get burnt. We don't care to play with this subject any longer, grow up. You keep coming back so as to keep this alive, it must be very little to do over there. Just do it, no more excuses.

Feb 13, 2016, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I'm only going to add to what everyone else has told you...

If your boyfriend gets mad at you because you are trying to protect yourself, is he a caring boyfriend? I don't think so.

Also, does your Dad know you have a boyfriend or is this secretive? What does your dad think about the boyfriend? Does he approve?
    Me da doesn't know I have a boyfriend we've only been seeing each other for a little while so thought I'd try and wait a little before I told him. I'm not trying to lie to him but he always tells me that I don't need a boyfriend that I should concentrate on me school, counselling and family which is fine I agree but I like this boy lots and he's really nice so I thought if I could tell him that we've been going out for a while and it hasn't effected anything he's actually been helping me study then he might be all right with me seeing him.

Da has already met him our families are friends it was me da idea for him to tutor me so me grades would improve and they have. I don't get to spend a lot of time with him he goes to a all boys school so its not like it will effect me school.

Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    Stop playing with this. Get rid of the stuff. Give it to your boyfriend and tell him to get rid of it. Keep playing games and you will get burnt. We don't care to play with this subject any longer, grow up. You keep coming back so as to keep this alive, it must be very little to do over there. Just do it, no more excuses.
    No problem just thought I would reply to answers
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 13, 2016, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkaboutit View Post
    Me da doesn't know I have a boyfriend we've only been seeing each other for a little while so thought I'd try and wait a little before I told him. I'm not trying to lie to him but he always tells me that I don't need a boyfriend that I should concentrate on me school, counselling and family which is fine I agree but I like this boy lots and he's really nice so I thought if I could tell him that we've been going out for a while and it hasn't effected anything he's actually been helping me study then he might be all right with me seeing him.

Da has already met him our families are friends it was me da idea for him to tutor me so me grades would improve and they have.
    You are dating the tutor your dad set up for you? Oh, man! This information will cause a blowup, I bet!

Your dad doesn't want you to have a boyfriend, so then you turn right around and make the hand-picked tutor your boyfriend. How much older is this guy?

Feb 13, 2016, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You are dating the tutor your dad set up for you? Oh, man! This information will cause a blowup, I bet!

Your dad doesn't want you to have a boyfriend, so then you turn right around and make the hand-picked tutor your boyfriend. How much older is this guy?
    It's not a big deal he won't really mind he likes this boy they get along really well and he lets me hang out with him he doesn't drink or do drugs or anything he's not suppose to. I just wanted to wait to tell him so he could see that it won't effect anything. He's only one year older than me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 13, 2016, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkaboutit View Post
    It's not a big deal he won't really mind
    Be sure to let us know his reaction.

And this is your druggie friend's brother? Wow! What your dad doesn't know.

Feb 13, 2016, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Be sure to let us know his reaction.

And this is your druggie friend's brother? I could turn this situation into a novel.
    She's not really me friend her brother asked me to hang out with her at school he thought I might be able to talk to her about her about what I went through and maybe help her I said I would hold her stuff cause I thought if she didn't have it then it would be better but then I didn't want to hold it anymore to many problems.
    I like the girl but I'm not sure I can help her I'm still trying to get there me self. Anyway don't want to bugging anyone so thanks for advice
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 13, 2016, 05:30 PM
    You go to her, give her her stuff, and walk away. If she begs you to keep it, say no. If her brother, your boyfriend, finds out and gets mad, then he's not worth having as a boyfriend.

You are in no position to help anyone but yourself. You're not a therapist, you're not an adult. She has to figure out her own issues and deal with them. By helping her you're hurting her, and yourself.

Give her stuff back, if she refuses, throw them in the garbage right in front of her. This is not your responsibility, it's hers, and if she were a real friend she wouldn't be asking you to do this! The fact that she's not a friend should make it even easier.

Stop getting yourself involved in things that will make your life worse. When are you going to learn?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search