Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Q3MXG3H8G5RQX8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2016, 07:58 PM
    Which dies faster? Blinking led or continuous led?
    Question is as above, which dies faster? (in terms of life span) blinking led or continuous led? If same led light was being used. (these are low powered red+green=orange led meant to show activeness of a computer without screen, which will have longer life is needed)
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2016, 06:21 AM
    There doesn't seem to be any definitive answer to this question as far as a few minutes of surfing will tell...
    What you will find out is that the L70 rating (time it takes for the LED light output to be reduced to 70%) is 50,000 to 100,000 hours. And after that, years...

So if there was a 10% difference between the life of an LED and one that was blinking, it would still have a life of 45,000 to 90,000 hours. The equipment the LED has been installed in will likely fail or be obsolete long before that.
    Is there a reason why knowing the life span of an LED is critical?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace problems. I have model GMPN060-3 led is rapid continuous. [ 0 Answers ]

Model #gmpn060-3 well not fire up. Led is rapid continuous.

White rodgers 50a50-241 led dead... no light on led, nothing works [ 0 Answers ]

Is led light supposed to stay on all the time? Mine comes on for 1 second and then goes off (blank) the transformer is powered up (27vac) but control panel and thermostat are dead. Led on controller is out, and thermostat display is blank. Do I have a bad controller? Is there any LED blink for...

Adapter led blinking [ 0 Answers ]

I have travelmate 5720 . When I plugged in the adapter to acer the adapter led start to blinking quickly and shows no charging sign.when I plugged it out it's led turns to be normal stabile.when I removed the battery the acer shows no life and the adapter led blinking.the jack socket is fine.the...

Bryant Plus 90 continuous flashing LED after self-test [ 0 Answers ]

The inducer motor will run for approximately 10 seconds then shut off. I can hear a relay click at the time of shutdown. I ran the self test (momentarily shorted the Test and SW24 points) and now get a continuously flashing LED, which is "115v polarity reversed or twinning problem".

NORDYNE G4 624631-B Relaced, continuous led, now we have heat [ 0 Answers ]

NORDYNE G4 624631-B Relaced but give continuous light. We had 5 lights but after reversing the jumpers it fixed that. Demand was set on thermostat when replaced board but didn'tknow therm was shut off and the house was locked up. Like a dummy I hit the wrong jumper. He finally came home, put on...

View more questions Search