Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needHVAChelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2016, 08:10 PM
    Lennox g40uh error. Furnace won't heat
    Lennox g40uh error "Primary or Secondary limit switch open"

I have test the continuity on both limit switches and on the flame roll over switches. Along with a few other things. Could it be the control board?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2016, 09:31 PM
    Found this in the manual under troubleshooting. The ignition control is equipped with two LED lights for troubleshooting. The diagnostic for that code is: LED #1 slow flash, LED#2 is on
    "Primary or secondary limit switch open. Limit must close within 3 minutes or unit goes into 1 hour WatchGuard." That is what you are getting? Did you check the high limit?
    Are you locked out in the Watchguard?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot light on our Lennox G40UH(X) Series furnace won't light [ 24 Answers ]

The pilot light on our Lennox G40UH(X) Series furnace won't light. We went through the steps to restart the furance. The blower turns on for a few minutes but blows cold air and the pilot light never comes on. How can I fix this?

Lennox G40UH running when not required [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old Lennox G40UH gas furnace. The furnace runs for short periods (2-3 minutes) 10-15 times per hour. This happens even when the house temp is above the thermostat setting. I have replaced the thermostat but the problem continues. I have checked the diagnostic lights before, during...

Blower does not run automatically on lennox g40uh(x) furnace [ 0 Answers ]

The thermostat sends the signal for heat and the exhaust fan goes on, but the blower fan does not start and the furnace does not ignite. The fan blower does work if I manually turn the fan to on (instead of auto) at the thermostat. I tried tapping on the limiters, but it doesn't seem to help. ...

Pilot light on our Lennox G40UH(X) Series furnace won't light [ 1 Answers ]

We have a G40UH(X) by Lennox which is about 5 years old. The pilot light on our lennox G40UH(x) series furnace won't light. The blower turns on for a few minutes but blows cold air and the pilot light never comes on. The LED #1 light is off and the LED #2 light is slow flash. May I know how can I...

Lennox Furnace won't heat [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am writing you all because I am having a problem with my furnace. The fan turns on when the temp stat is set to auto. When set to heat nothing happens.The steel gate in front of the burner opens, but nothing else happens. I thought that the igniter wasn't...

View more questions Search