Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peter132 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2016, 06:33 PM
    BTA Fees
    A woman in Thailand is asking for me to pay BTA fees so she can board flight ?
    Can anyone please tell me is this is a scam?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 9, 2016, 06:48 PM
    It is a scam and "she" is probably not a woman.
    It is definitely a scam
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2016, 08:35 PM
    There are no BTA fees to leave Thailand. I travel there all the time.

Thailand is a newer place for this scam, if they are really there, but this is how it works,
    A person meets you on a web site, often a dating site, or even Facebook. Sometimes they have tried to steal the ID of a friend on Facebook. (had that happen to me a few months ago, someone faked my Facebook and messaged some of my friends for money)

The normal other dating way is they love you, will travel to be with you, (often after a few weeks of chatting) they may send sexy photos. They ask for money for passport and visa. If they get that money, they ask for BTA funds, after that normally they have trouble at airport and need to bribe some official or they get robbed on the way to the airport and put in hospital. (then a friend contacts you for them)

In the African scams, they have offices that do these, They have departments that fake ID's, or buy or steal ID's of people. They have groups of employees working 24 hours a day, sending and chatting. So on Tuesday at 8am you chat with one person, at 10pm on Thursday it may be someone else, who reads your past chat and used premade answers to talk with you.

This may be a 80 year old grandma, or a 15 year old boy, or 30 year old men. They often use men for the chatting, since men know what other men like to hear.

If there has to be telelphone calls, this can be a young boy, a old women, or a girl.

They have special women, that do the video's. If they video, it will be the most beautiful women, not like the photo, but they merely say, they are "ugly" and they used their friends photo and they are sorry, by that time, you are OK with it, since the video girl is prettier, and now you "know" she is honest since she is confessing her lie about photo.

Thailand under the new government there is good for this, since the police are very crooked and easy to pay off.

A word of warning, careful of Thailand, there are 1000's of men who look like fairly beautiful women, it is part of their sex business there. Google it, and see.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2016, 09:53 PM
    Just Google --Thailand BTA fees.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 12, 2016, 07:13 PM
    Just Google --Thailand BTA fees.
    Better yet, you want to meet someone new? Go to church, join the Sunday school class, say a prayer and meet someone. Take an adult education class. Do some voluntary work. Do something to get out of the house and meet new people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being on H1, can I claim Tution and Fees deduction for the fees I paid for my wife-F1 [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am from India and has been on H1 (Resident Alien) since Oct 2011. My wife came to US on H4 in Nov 2012 and changed her status to F1 (Non-Resident Alien) in May 2014. My wife has been working on CPT since August 2014. My questions are: 1. Can I file jointly with my wife 2. As I paid...

What is bta [ 3 Answers ]

Sir, tell me, If we are going to USA for job then we must pay BTA(Basic Travelling Allowns) payment before collecting visa.

Can I claim my H1B Legal/attorney Fees and Government process fees. If yes, I have to [ 1 Answers ]

Can I claim my H1B Legal/attorney Fees and Government process fees. If yes, I have to travel out side the USA to stamp the visa, Is the travel expenses (Air Ticket, Hotel, application fees0 are deductible as well? Please let me know.

Deduct brokerage fees, appraisal fees and other closing costs on my taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased my home in Calif in 2006 and refinances in 2007 to lower the interest rate. Can I deduct the brokerage fee, appraisal fee, flood fee, document fee, escrow fee and transfer fees? I paid all of the fees and did not include them in the refinance of my home. If I can decuct any of these...

College application fees and testing fees as tax deductions [ 3 Answers ]

Are the fees we are paying for our son to apply to various colleges tax deductable? Also, what about the money paid to take ACT ; SAT and AP tests? And, th emoney spent requesting these scores be sent to the universities being applied to?

View more questions Search