Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheepy912 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2016, 12:47 PM
    Need help with my wards
    A few weeks back I hurt my knee at college. I told my mum it was due to a girl at college hitting me whilst playing hockey. I told my tutor I did it out of college due to football. This has continued for 3 weeks now. Today my mum decides to phone up about it and their stories obviously didn't t match. I spoke to my tutor and in actual fact I got attacked by two girls walking home from college. My tutor and my mum both know that I lied and the truth but I didn't want to tell my mum as she would worry and overreact and won't let me walk anywhere again. She also hardly listens to me. I know have to face my mum about it and I don t know what to say. My tutor and mum know everything and me and my mum are going in on Thursday for a talk. Do I confront my mum about it now? And what do I say? Or do I leave it till Thursday? I know it was a stupid thing to do but I was embarrassed and scared.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2016, 01:30 PM
    Confront? NO. Plead to the court for mercy? YES.

Really? You are in college and don't know any better to not lie your way through. Honestly this sounds more like a primary school situation than a college situation. Time to grow up and own whatever happens to you or that you make happen to yourself. My two 12 year olds are more mature than this, and they are boys. If I was your mum, I would be so disappointed that here you are in college and still don't know the importance of not lying to your parent. Wow.

Harshness warning!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2016, 08:44 PM
    You are really in college? This sounds like middle school.

You tell your mom the truth, and hope your university does not take your moral issues of lying too seriously.

And why is your mom coming to your college, at college you are a adult and your mom does not have any rights to come to your school or interfere with your life there.

And you are an adult, if you are really in college and no one can stop you from walking anywhere you want.

Sounds like you need to grow up.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2016, 04:17 AM
    I get making a big mistake, I get lying, being scared, and embarrassed. Now that you know that way didn't work or help at all it's time to be honest and humble.

It's not your mom's fault you were scared to tell the truth in the first place, so what are you confronting her about? When you know you were wrong accept the responsibility for it and the consequences for your actions.

Just tell the truth, all of it. Admit YOU WERE WRONG. Go from there.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Feb 10, 2016, 06:05 AM
    Checklist

Caught lying = Didn't work for yea , your in some trouble, trust / honesty has been lost between your mum and Tutor and you mum plus Tutor know everything.

Told the truth first time = wouldn't be in possible trouble , could have been sorted out sooner.

You can see where this is going right , you should have told the truth the first time plain and simple.

Do you want to be lied to " No " , so treat others how you want to be treated and be honest with them.

Hope this helps.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 10, 2016, 06:35 AM
    Chuck and Oliver, the OP sounds like they are in England where the school system is unfathomable (at least I have never been able to understand it). So college doesn't mean the same thing as college in the US does (don't ask me what it does mean).

Sheepy, You tell the truth and explain why you fibbed and hope for the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Montgomery wards japan [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Montgomery wards computerized sewing machine. Model # UTH 2000. I am looking for a instruction manual.

Old montgomery wards furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I only have model # of furance can I find the age? Model # is 14AN4242.

Wards sewing machine? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a model UHT J1953, how old is it and what is it worth? How do I set up to sew with the twin needle to do stretch stitch? I do not have the manual as my sister bought it but lost her manual that came with it

View more questions Search