Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neycouto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2016, 12:41 PM
    Real State inheritance from overseas
    I inherited a real state in Israel from a Non US Citizen, what is the procedure to transfer the property to me after the will takes efect in order to sell it? Do I have to pay any Tax or Fee?

Appreciate an Answer,
    Thank you
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2016, 08:48 PM
    In order to inherit property in Israel, you must do the following: Apply to the Inheritance Registrar is Israel, or the religious court for probate order. Once you obtain a succession or probate order you can claim the property. There is no inheritance tax in Israel, but you may be subject to tax in the country in which you live.

The better question is why the individual or firm handling this will isn't able to tell you this. Do you know the person who left you this property? This is a very common form of internet scam, and if you do not know the individual who left you the property, it is likely that this is a scammer who will attempt to get you to pay a myriad of fees and taxes to "inherit" this property. Please be careful!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 7, 2016, 11:10 PM
    I would hire an attorney (not anyone listed or connected with this) A local rabbi in your area may help you with advice also.

I will assume you really knew this person who died, and was really related.

Sorry, but your story starts like a 1000 other scams do, where someone is told they inherited and they are suppose to be paying a fee or tax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance money; being detained overseas [ 2 Answers ]

Someone from the United States went to Malaysia to get some money that was in a safe deposit box (millions of dollars) that his father left him over 8 years ago. They went to a Malaysian bank and gave the bank clerk the large sum of money and they gave them a draft check and when the person tried...

Overseas inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was name the power of Attorney of an estate. Peter Cain, estate left his daughter Lindsay, 2,500,000 gbp, and but a condition that she needed to be engaged to collect it. I have not been disclosed the fee schedules, Wire Transfer taxes, then another tax British Government Cross Border...

Inheritance from overseas to minor in Oregon [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, My ex-husband passed away before his mother. His mother died in Switzerland and left and inheritance, which by law goes to her grandchildren. I had 2 children with him that are grown up. My ex remarried and had another child which is now 8 yrs. Old. We now have a problem with distributing...

Overseas inheritance [ 1 Answers ]

I have lost a dear friend in the Netherlands. I was just told by a relative that I have been named in her testament, (which is a will, I assume) I am to receive a sum of money, in addition to a pair of earrings. I reside in Syracuse, NY, and I am trying to figure out what to do. Will the...

Overseas Inheritance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- My best friend's mother found some old stocks in a foreign company given to her a few years back and recently sold all of them because the company was bought out. Her mother put all the money in a joint foreign bank account with her. The total is about $2 million U.S. dollars. What the...

View more questions Search