Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dccorbitt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2016, 12:26 PM
    vibrating noisy shower
    My shower has a loud vibrating noise heard throughout the house. It occurs at a specific range on the hot side of the single handle American Standard valve. I took it apart and wiped it down and lubricated the three rubber gaskets inside. I also adjusted the scald setting by one position and soaked the shower head in vinegar to remove the calcium buildup. I turned on the shower and the noise and vibration was even louder. What can I try now?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 2, 2016, 02:39 PM
    Do you have stop valves in the wall for this shower valve?
    Does shower valve have integral stops?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 3, 2016, 02:02 PM
    In addition to the questions asked above: it may be that the temp 'n' pressure balancing device is not working properly. If so, you would need to replace entire cartridge. Cartridges are relatively inexpensive - and, you can install it yourself

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Pipes Vibrating [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in my house for a little over 3 years now and have not made any changes to my plumbing. This morning I was taking a shower and about 5 minutes in a very loud vibrating/humming noise started in my pipes so I immediately turned the water off. I turned it back on quickly so that I could...

Vibrating Shower [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a multi story condo, and the pipes in one of my 2 bathrooms shower seems to be humming. When I turn on the shower it seems to subside but when I turn it off, the humming resumes. I can feel the pipes vibrating inside the wall, but cannot tell if it is originating from my shower or if it...

Vibrating Shower Pipes [ 3 Answers ]

When the shower is running and someone turns on any tap or flushes any toilet in the house, the shower pipes begin to vibrate making a pulsating knocking kind of noise. The showers have the water regulators and the shower water controls are the single dial turning type. So usually we turn the...

Vibrating shower [ 1 Answers ]

My shower pipes vibrate and make a loud noise when the water is turned too far to the hot side, Unless you turn it all the way hot, then it is scalding. What do I do to fix this and will I have to replace all piping to fix it?

Vibrating pipes when using shower [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've been having trouble with my pipes vibrating when using the stand up shower in my condo aprtment unit. To give some background info, my washroom has both a bathtub (with a faucet and two taps, hot and cold) and a separate stand up shower (with a showerhead and two taps, hot and...

View more questions Search