Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crystal25152 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1
    Ametuar Artist/Writer/Musician

Feb 1, 2016, 06:31 PM
    Does he like me, or is he just being.. weird?
    (I typed up this question a while ago and submitted it, but my browser kind of screwed up and I lost what I said. XD)
    You guys probably have heard questions like this a million times by now, but I really am curious as to the deal with this guy.

I'm in 7th grade at my middle school and 13 years old. (Bit older than more or less of the kids in my grade right now, heh.) I know this guy from 6th grade. He was always this random guy that I didn't think about much, but sometimes when he found me without me realizing, he'd usually 'sneak' up behind me and say "Hi". I'd always be surprised, every time he did that. He sometimes did it to another girl I knew, but not much at all after a while. I was sure he was just trying to be a jerk, but it didn't really seem that way somehow.

When summer ended and school started, I pretty much forgot about him until I saw him at lunch, sitting with some other boys from our elementary school. I was sitting with some girls at another table, who were also from our elementary school. I finished lunch and headed for the library, but after I threw out my trash, he surprised me again. I didn't think he'd keep doing that, but then he did it basically every day, or asked me really random questions. I always answered, to his amusement I think, and then he would just go away and sometimes find and surprise me again.

Right now, he still does that, and I always fall for it.
    But instead of just standing/sitting there like a dummy, I turn around and jokingly hit him and say something along the line of, "I ******* hate you, dude." but not for real. (Yeah, I do tend to swear a bit. I do that to all my other friends, though.) I can't really say if we're friends or not, but he seems to be a bit closer to me than last year. I guess I kind of like him. He's interesting, but I have no idea if he likes me, or if he just wants to see what I do. I can't really blame him for trying to shock me all the time, which I always react to. But I honestly don't get what he wants. He doesn't do that to other people. I guess I can kind of guess, but I'm not sure.

(Sorry for this long wall of text.. )
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2016, 07:58 PM
    Sounds like he is just being weird, or somewhat normal for boys his age.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 1, 2016, 07:59 PM
    Who's to say. Boys at that age are weird.

Feb 1, 2016, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Sounds like he is just being weird, or somewhat normal for boys his age.
    You're mostly likely correct. I have come to that conclusion, but something is putting me off. XD I said I don't really care, but I suppose I do.

I guess I sorta do have a crush on him, which is probably why I asked. :-; Welp, I messed up, didn't I? I'm such a fool. ^-^'
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2016, 09:50 PM
    Guys that age are weird for sure but as I remember it girls your age were sort of strange too.

13 is a strange weird age and confusing as to how to act. Not strange or weird at all that you are developing a crush, and maybe he is too, that's why he gives you such weird attention. We all go through that phase of weird crushes and strange feelings. That's what 13 is about.

Naw, you didn't screw up, just reacted strangely to a weird dude you know, that you admit you like. Relax, it gets weirder and stranger then it will smooth out... a little.

Feb 1, 2016, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Guys that age are weird for sure but as I remember it girls your age were sort of strange too.

13 is a strange weird age and confusing as to how to act. Not strange or weird at all that you are developing a crush, and maybe he is too, that's why he gives you such weird attention. We all go through that phase of weird crushes and strange feelings. That's what 13 is about.

Naw, you didn't screw up, just reacted strangely to a weird dude you know, that you admit you like. Relax, it gets weirder and stranger then it will smooth out... a little.
    I know that. I've prowling around a lot of forums and stuff. :P
    Honestly, days at school would be a bit more boring without people like him. XD
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2016, 05:50 AM
    LOL, when I was a 13 year old weird guy I had crushes on darn near EVERY girl in my classes at one time or another over a few years. Feelings for the opposites sex at that age, come and go and change very quickly and unexpectedly. You really don't seem to have control over them, or know where those feelings come from,or what they really are (WILD NEW hormones RAGING through a growing body, and BRAIN!!). Sometimes they are so intense they drive you nuts just thinking of that person(s) that makes you feel that way. It was crazy I tell ya!

Just be cool and enjoy the feelings and the people who stir those feelings while it lasts, and try not to doing anything crazy, or over the top while you are caught in those strange feelings with weird people. Those same feelings of like and attraction also will come with equally intense feelings of dislike and negative attractions.

Same rule applies here too: Just be cool, and try not to doing anything crazy, or over the top while you are caught in those strange feelings with weird people. Hopefully you will all mellow out as you get older, some faster than others.

You will be fine if you aren't a drama queen or something, and can avoid the drama of others. Just be cool even when some of the people around you are NOT.

Feb 2, 2016, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    LOL, when I was a 13 year old weird guy I had crushes on darn near EVERY girl in my classes at one time or another over a few years. Feelings for the opposites sex at that age, come and go and change very quickly and unexpectedly. You really don't seem to have control over them, or know where those feelings come from,or what they really are (WILD NEW hormones RAGING through a growing body, and BRAIN!!). Sometimes they are so intense they drive you nuts just thinking of that person(s) that makes you feel that way. It was crazy I tell ya!

Just be cool and enjoy the feelings and the people who stir those feelings while it lasts, and try not to doing anything crazy, or over the top while you are caught in those strange feelings with weird people. Those same feelings of like and attraction also will come with equally intense feelings of dislike and negative attractions.

Same rule applies here too: Just be cool, and try not to doing anything crazy, or over the top while you are caught in those strange feelings with weird people. Hopefully you will all mellow out as you get older, some faster than others.

You will be fine if you aren't a drama queen or something, and can avoid the drama of others. Just be cool even when some of the people around you are NOT.
    Thanks! I guess we're kind of friends now, but I still don't know, heh. Most of my friends are pretty weird. We joke in a... strange way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it weird... [ 4 Answers ]

That I've slept with 25 boys and 11 women, at 17.

Girlfriend hangs out consistently with ex boyfriends family... Weird to feel weird? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi All, been driving myself crazy over this for the last 9 months and although I've come to some peace with it, I feel like I still need help from the community. Maybe just for reassurance to know that I'm OK to feel weird... Or to hear the truth from others in my situation. Anyhow, thanks in...

Weird '''''''s. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm having a strange problem, that only happens with the internet. Sometimes when I'm typing in a window the computer will start typing ''''' for me... And won't stop. It's really annoying. What's going on and how do I fix it?

Weird Drinks - a/k/a Weird Food - a/k/a Gun Control [ 12 Answers ]

Okay, got to get this one started to go along with our Weird Dinners. Anyone ever had a Monkey Brain? How about a Duck Fart?

View more questions Search