Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lonelygymnast Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2016, 07:52 PM
    I don't have any friends?
    Im a 13 year old girl. I am home schooled and I am on a gymnastics team. We practice 4 days a week and 3 hours a day. I have tried to make friends at gymnastics (there are about 25 girls) but I seem to repel them I try to talk to them and they just walk away as if I did something so horrible that they cant even look at me. Maybe I did do something but I don't recall anything. When I joined the team I saw the opportunity to meet new people and make friends. I was clearly wrong. I invited a girl to the movies and she said no. One girl on the team invited the WHOLE entire team to a new movie playing and I was seeing a movie all alone that day and I ran into every single one of them. How can I make more friends?

P.s. I posted something else but I didn't mean to.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 31, 2016, 07:59 PM
    Are you in a small town? Are there social groups for home-schooled kids? Is there a network for parents who home school their kids?

Jan 31, 2016, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Are you in a small town? Are there social groups for home-schooled kids? Is there a network for parents who home school their kids?

I have looked into the groups before. We have one in our town but it only goes up to 6th grade.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 1, 2016, 08:36 AM
    Sorry to hear this. Girls at this age can be quite nasty. Is there a church group or other things you are interested in.

Feb 3, 2016, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Girls at this age can be quite nasty. Is there a church group or other things you are interested in.
    Yes. We do have a church group. But my mom takes me and she doesn't want me to do the church groups. She likes to just do the service and leave.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 3, 2016, 07:43 PM
    Maybe you can ask her about other groups. Tell her you want to have friends and you need to be able to meet kids your age

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't want to be friends any more [ 6 Answers ]

A few years ago I used to have one really close friend and we did everything together. It was going OK for a while and then a girl randomly came up to us and asked us if she could be friends. Because we were young and friendly of course we accepted. But then the girl started accusing my first best...

How to tell someone you don't want to be friends [ 6 Answers ]

I've been friends with this girl since 1st grade, we're now 30, she has always done everything I do. Now it's gotten to a point where we're adults and it's still a competition. I'm in a happy loving marriage and have 2 great kids, she's in a terrib;e relationship, where her mother bought her her...

Don't know what to do about my friends. [ 3 Answers ]

It's kind of long, but please tell me what you think. I've always had trust issues and it's really hard for me to tell my friends my secrets and to actually trust them. Lately things haven't been going so well with my best friends and I just don't know what to do. One of them (lets call her...

Friends that don't notice you but say your friends [ 3 Answers ]

Since I'm really shy my friends don't notice me as much and when I start middle school I want to start new, like suddenly after two months I'm actually not shy anymore. But I'm not sure how do that and what if I leave them will they tell all my secrets. So I need help and fast.

View more questions Search