Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ruth Marsh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2016, 10:30 PM
    Cockcity in dogs
    I am not sure how it is spelled but I think my dog has a disease called cockcity how do I find out for sure and what do I do to help her get better.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 30, 2016, 11:35 PM
    Coxsackie virus maybe? Take your dog to the vet for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Jan 31, 2016, 03:24 AM
    Hello

I agree with J 9 there , though it also sound like Coccidia .

Coccidiosis is a parasitic type of infection, caused by the coccidium, that most commonly causes watery, mucus-based diarrhea in dogs. If it is not treated, over time it can cause damage to the lining of the dog's intestinal tract. With treatment, the prognosis is good.

Anyway I suggest taking your Dog to a vet who can diagnosis what your dog has by taking Blood Test or even Urine and Stool tests.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 2, 2016, 02:18 PM
    Diagnosing online is not a good idea. Google is not always your friend, especially when it comes to diagnosing. I once googled how to get rid of a simple cold, and within 20 minutes I was convinced I was dying of some rare cancer and only had hours to live. Never a good idea. ;)

It's best to take your dog to the vet. Having said that, I know that that's not always a financial option. Vets are bloody expensive! But, most vets will offer a payment plan if it's an emergency, or something that costs a lot to treat. Not so much for the normal stuff like shots, or spaying and neutering, but if it's a medical emergency, most vets will offer a payment plan.

Call your vet and find out. Good luck. I hope the pup is okay.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 2, 2016, 03:08 PM
    You are presenting your situation all backwards - you tell us all about the dog and all about the symptoms FIRST. You don't guess at a diagnosis and ask us how to find out if your dog has it!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 2, 2016, 04:20 PM
    Toxicity, Coccidiosis, coxsackie? So many things that are similar to what you posted. The spelling, when it comes to diagnosing, is really important. And, as Joy said, so are the symptoms. The symptoms are much more important than the Google diagnosis you decided on, which should have give you the proper spelling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 days ago my dogs got in a fight and left 2 puncture wounds on my dogs left shoulder [ 5 Answers ]

My dog has 2 puncture wound on her back from our other dog have treated with Epsom salt soaks and it has been 3 days, it was very swollen, now about 1/2 the size, still oozing, she is eating well, active, no breathing problems, I am still treating her daily with soaks and antibiotic ointment, do I...

My dogs are extremely aggressive towards other dogs, kicked out of 2 classes [ 7 Answers ]

We have to dogs both the same age (1year old) and they are scary aggressive if they see another dog on a walk and they've gone ape in two different training classes and been kicked out. How do we fix this? I don't want to put them down

Why do dogs urinate on other dogs? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 7 week old puppy that I have began to take with me to work. I work a group home facility for boys. We currently have a dog there that one of the other owners brought over and just dropped off here. This dog is almost 6 months old and he keeps urinating on my puppy. How do I stop this? Does...

Socializing dogs with other dogs [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 dogs since their individual puppyhood. All are neutered/spayed. One male is 10 yrs. And was dominate until his front leg was amputated. One female is 8-9yrs. She is beta and non-confrontational, but she is loyal to the only the male. The last is 4 yrs. We introduced the 4 yr. old...

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

View more questions Search