Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baynaam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2016, 09:13 AM
    What is the relation between stock market and capital expenditure?
    Hi there, today BoJ had cut its interest rate to -0.1%. I read various articles on this topic, however, one line that I read did not made sense to me. It was:
    “Some board members of BoJ are reported to have voiced concern that slumping Tokyo stocks could threaten attempts to get firms to boost capital expenditure.”
    My question is how could a declining stock market could trigger capital expenditure by firms? What is the relation between both of them?
    Anxiously waiting for a prompt reply
    Bye.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 29, 2016, 09:28 AM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2016, 08:51 PM
    Lets say you hold 1,000,00 shares of a $20 stock. Now, it drops to $18. How much have you lost? Not knowing the future, are you ready to use your stock to fund a project? What happens if the stock drops another $5?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What distinguishes the internal capital market from the external capital market? [ 0 Answers ]

What distinguishes the internal capital market from the external capital market?

Fire insurance are capital expenditure or revenue expenditure and why? [ 1 Answers ]

Fire insurance is capital expenditure or revenue expenditure and why?

Recorded as Revenue Expenditure and ser up as Capital Expenditure [ 1 Answers ]

A company purchased a new computer for $4000 and a stack of writable CDs for $28. By accident the computer was recorded as a revenue expenditure and the stack was set up as a capital expenditure. Three months later depreciation for the year was calculated using the declining balance method (use 20%...

View more questions Search