Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troublemakerman Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jan 28, 2016, 08:54 AM
    Bathtub faucet leaks
    I have one lever water control, I've changed the guts a few times in the past with no problem till now. I had no hot water, I changed the guts and I have hot water. I also changed the bathtub faucet. I have two problems, so two questions. When I turn the bathroom sink hot water on it runs a little from bathtub faucet leaks? When I pull up the plunger on the faucet to run the shower the water comes out from the faucet and showerhead and the shower has little pressure? Thank you
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 29, 2016, 09:30 AM
    Bathtub faucet: Turn OFF water for entire house. Remove cartridge. Turn water ON for few seconds to see if you are getting water flow from Hot and Cold water side (from inside of the faucet cavity). If so, inspect cartridge for debris embedded in its openings. Also, make sure it moves freely when you turn the stem. Reinstall cartridge. Pay attention how you are putting it in.

Some faucets have "stops" ( ON 'n' OFF valves ) built into the body. Those would be hidden behind the wall. Make sure, they are in Open position

If you had good water flow before you started working on it - and poor water flow afterwards - then the poor water flow is most-likely related to cartridge installation.

Let me know how you did

Milo
    troublemakerman Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Feb 3, 2016, 05:57 PM
    I did that. Thank you
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 3, 2016, 05:59 PM
    And what happened ? Did it work or not ? Please, let me know

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change delta roman tub faucet cartridge because my faucet leaks [ 1 Answers ]

My delta roman tub faucet is leaking and am trying to replace cartridge but still leaking from faucet

How to fix a leak from your bathtub faucet that leaks through the ceiling downstairs? [ 1 Answers ]

I also have a bath that's leaking downstairs into my living room ceiling. I have a drop ceiling and it stains and soaks every drop tile that I have put up. I am currently on a tight budget, and can not afford to seek professional help (as far as plumbers). It seems that its only the hot water that...

Bathtub leaks [ 2 Answers ]

Bathtub leaks [ 4 Answers ]

When some members of my family shower, there is a leak from the tub area into the laundry room below. The leak does not come from the drain or the overflow. Any idea what the culprit could be? Thanks

Bathtub leaks [ 2 Answers ]

My bathroom tub was leaking real bad on the hot water.so I turned off the hot water tank at the fuse box which after awhile made it run cold. OK so now I turned off the water at the hot water tank the hot .now my question is if I turn back on the hot water tank will the water be hot or will I have...

View more questions Search