Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antiqueauction Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2016, 10:06 AM
    Any current stored in a Trane XL13C if Breaker is shut of at Source in Home??
    Any current stored in a Trane XL13C if Breaker is shut of at Source in Home??
    I have recently had an AICD Implant and they don't want me to have current
    Shock , because of it.

I have Pulled the 220 plug Outside the Home and Thrown the Breaker inside.

Is their any Stored Electricity inside my unit??

Thanking You in Advance
    For your Reply

antiqueauction
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 27, 2016, 11:02 AM
    There is current stored in the capacitors.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2016, 02:50 PM
    The fact that it may be powered up doesn't mean any exposure to you. If that were the case, don't turn on your TV or use the microwave over. They are concerned about a shock, so just don't go inside the unit.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 27, 2016, 06:31 PM
    Unless you have received specific instructions otherwise then nothing in your home poses a threat under normal circumstances. Normally an ID warning card is issued after a device implant and has a number to contact the manufacturer for technical questions such as yours.

Turning a breaker off/on is probably okay, but poking around your furnace is NOT. Verify with the manufacturer of your transplant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find the resistance r1 r2 an r3 in a zener referenced current source [ 0 Answers ]

How to find the resistance R1 R2 and R3 in a zener referenced current , all the transistors have the same emitter area.

A Legal Eviction in CT Fairfield County of Items Stored in my Home [ 3 Answers ]

I permitted someone to bring a fews things to store in my garage. She brought a truckload that has been in my home for seven months and she refuses to get them out. How do I legally get her things out of my home

208 source for high current 120v application [ 4 Answers ]

I need to power up 4, 2kW, 120v lamps. The application is to heat something up. There will be 2 lamps on top (in a reflector) and 2 on the bottom. Driven by Eurotherm controllers through SSRs. In one reflector with 2 lamps, can I run 1 leg of 208 to each lamp and connect the other end of the lamp...

Stored home [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and me own our property.9 years ago our daugther and her boyfriend bought a new moblie home and put it on our property. It was only to be here for a short while until they found there own property.the home was in his name only and he left 3 years ago and our daugther and her new boyfriend...

How do you shut off and turn back on main breaker in your home? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you shut off the main breaker in your home, and turn it back on.

View more questions Search