Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BandBows Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2016, 04:11 PM
    Debits/credits for donated inventory item
    My retail store donated several items from inventory as charitable donations. The IRS says we can expense as a donation the retail price. What will my entry look like as the debit (retail amount) will not match the credit to inventory (cost).
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2016, 02:37 AM
    I expect you well carry any excess to revenue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debits and Credits [ 8 Answers ]

Which is true? Debits increase assets and increase liabilities Credits decrease assets and decrease liabilities Credits decrease assets and increase liabilities Debits decrease liabilities and decrease assets :confused:

Debits and Credits [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering which accounts I credit and debit for the following questions a. Accrued salaries expenses are $120. Salaries expense is included in the administration expenses. b. Motor vehicle depreciation for the period is $75. c. Accrued interest on loan for the accounting period...

Credits and debits [ 3 Answers ]

I am not understanding which items to put under credits and which goes under debits. i.e. cash, accounts receivable, accts payable, rental revenue, supplies expense, etc. I do not understand which items go under which statement. i.e. adjustments, income statement,etc. :(

Credits and Debits [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to double check my answer for a homework question: On September 30, the Cash account of Value Company had a normal balance of $5,000.00. During September, the account was debited for a total of $12,200 and credited for a total of $11,500. What was the balance in the Cash account at...

Debits and credits [ 4 Answers ]

When the question states : an inventory count shows $280 of cleaning supplies on hand? Do you subtract $280 from the cleaning supplies or does $280 stay as is... or does it go in the general journal as $920 because cleaning supplies are $1200?

View more questions Search