Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pink8604 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Father denying paternity?
    I am a 20 year old wife and mother of two girls. My mother got pregnant with me when she was 15 years old and my biological father skipped out on her. I have never seen or met him but have recently located a last known address for him. I plan on going to see him in the near future but I am worried about what to do if he denies paternity. I haven't the slightest clue what my first step should be. The only thing I really want from him is his medical history for the sake of my children. When I fill out the medical forms at doctor's office's I can only put half of my family's medical history since I know very very little about his side of the family. Is there anything I can do if he denies paternity? and if so what is it??? Thank you all so much for your help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Of course as a person adopted, I have it easy, no known family history, and in some ways that could be best, since I can't be prejudged by insurance companies on family history.

But good luck, you may want to have a third party contact him and see if he wants to meet you or now, if not he may give them a list of medical history you ask for. I always recommend a third party for any first contact, just in case it goes bad.
    Lillian42 Posts: 83, Reputation: 8

Apr 15, 2007, 09:04 PM
    I would not just show up on his doorstep maybe try sending a letter and explaining that all you want is your family history for the sake of your children but do remember some things are better left unsaid but I do understand why you would want to know I would do but do expect to be disappointed if he skipped out on your mother and you I would not expect much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity rights for the non paternal father [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé just had a baby. It was determined by a paternity test that the child is not my biological son! I spoke to an attorney briefly and was advised that even though my insurance paid for the pre natal visits, the delivery and post delivery aspects of the birth, that I have no legal rights to...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

Paternity [ 5 Answers ]

Are there chances that a judge will not oder you to have a paternity test taken? If so, on what grounds.

Can an adult sue Biological Father for proof of Paternity [ 2 Answers ]

I am 30+ years old and recently found out in the last year that my biological father is not who I thought it was. When I contacted the man who my mother told me was my biological father, he denied it. At this age is there any way I can sue for Paternity just to prove that he is my biological...

Paternity... dna test proved I'm not father [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is definitely one of the most tragic things i have been through. Of course im not happy with the final results but i am in a downhill battle because of it. I found out after 4 1/2 years of paying child support that i am not the father of my child. I haven't seen the child in almost...

View more questions Search