Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scotty372 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2016, 12:13 AM
    HVAC odor
    I recently switched over to heating season. I have a 2 year old heat pump that is serviced twice a year. When we first turned on the heat we smelled a distinct odor coming from all of the supply ducts. Over time this has disipated but is still there occasionally, once or twice a day. I had the service company come out and inspect the unit suspecting a mouse had died inside the unit. We opened each segment of the unit from the return plenum, through the evaporateor coil, took out and inspected the blower and checked the heating coils as well as the outgoing plenum. It was clean as a whistle. Not even dust, yet the smell is still there a few times a day. Of course it is never there when the service company is around. Any ideas why this wasn't there during cooling season and is now stinking up my house? This is driving me nuts.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2016, 07:16 PM
    It is possible the only time the odor occurs is when the strip heat is on. That odor is usually described as a hot or burning odor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hvac [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My name is Eran from Toronto Canada My English is not so well ,but I will try to be clear . 2 month ago I got a new job as maintenance coordinator At a retirement home complex .I have a very basic knowledge in hvac And plumbing , In the complex we have 6 floors and about 200 suits ....

Bad odor, sewage odor after I use washer, It also causes the toilet to gurgle [ 1 Answers ]

Bad sewage odor after I use washer, It also causes the toilet to gurgle, both on the main level

Strong odor coming from heating vent - after duct replacement for previous odor. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a strong odor coming from one of my heating vents. This occurred for the first time (in the 5 years I've lived here) last year (in mid-February, as opposed to late January - coincidental?). At that time, I had a heating duct replaced. The old duct was wet inside, and the HVAC tech said...

Odd odor from HVAC [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Our A/C was running and upon returning home, I noticed an odd dry metallic or gas-like smell in the house. When I turned the system off, it dissapaited, but in some of the small rooms we can still smell it - sometimes strongly - even though the system has been off for a week. It...

View more questions Search