Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murphymelvin93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2016, 12:07 AM
    replacement thermostat
    I need a replacement thermostat for my heat pump system my thermostat has eight wires but I keep getting a thermostat for a conventional system with less wire connections is there a way to tell the difference between the two even after asking the guy at my local home depot I still received the wrong one
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 15, 2016, 06:11 AM
    First I have to ask why you are replacing your stat, and secondly what make and model system HVAC system you have?

What make and model stat did you buy?

Thermostat and Furnace Compatibility

It's been updated so don't let the old mercury stat throw you off, just scroll through the tutorials. This is a must read!

How to Check Thermostat Compatibility with Your HVAC System

And this series of videos may be very helpful.

how to match a thermostat to heat system - Bing video
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2016, 07:35 PM
    Couldn't understand your PM very well but try this, Jot all your connections down (R, Y, W for example) and make sure the new stat has all the same connections.

Is this what you have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

General Controls T-80 thermostat is not working. Is there a replacement I can use ?

Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat. The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows: O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve? Y...

Thermostat replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace my existing heat pump thermostat, Carrier HH01AT171, with a programmable digital thermostat. Is Honeywell T8011R1006 compatible with the Carrier thermostat? Are the wiring the same?

View more questions Search