Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shadowec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2016, 05:51 PM
    Computer Will Not Turn on at All
    If the battery in my laptop is totally shot will that prevent it from powering up even if plugged in the charger?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 14, 2016, 06:48 PM
    It should have it's own internal battery. So if you plug it in, it should work. You can't recharge the battery, but you should be able to use it when it's plugged in, until you buy a new battery.

If it doesn't work plugged in, it's not the battery, it's a bigger issue.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Jan 21, 2016, 10:34 PM
    If it is still plugged in with the power lead , it should work even though the battery is stuffed unless there is a lock on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer does not turn on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have had a problem for the last month, my PC does not turns on when I plug it in electricity. It turns on the fan, but it does not start when I push the start button. After pushing the starting button a few times and waiting from 5 to 30min it works fine. Once I take the plug off, and on...

Should I turn off my computer [ 4 Answers ]

Should I turn my computer off at night to save energy? Or does turning it off every night wear out the hardware?

Computer will not turn on [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, My wife was mad because I left the computer on, so she pulled the power cord from the back. Now the computer will not turn on at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. Any ideas? I am afraid that it is broke for good!

Computer will not turn off [ 5 Answers ]

My computer Dell (almost 2 years old) will not log off or turn off. Last night I clicked turn off computer and it made a little noise but did not shut down. Then I tried logging off but still nothing, I even tried double clicking and still nothing. Other than that it works fine. Also I can press...

Computer does not turn on? [ 2 Answers ]

My Compaq presario 2100 and a while ago I got the power plug fixed and the battery did not charge so I bought a new battery after I installed the new power port and I put the battery in to the computer and it charged and the next day I was ripping music on to it and the icon that was supposed to be...

View more questions Search