Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    svs_patel Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 06:08 PM
    So many problems!
    Hi...
    My comp. was just attacked by some viruses..
    virus is gone:)... bt has left problems behind:(..
    Problem # 1 :- 'Run' from start menu is absent.
    Problem # 2 :- the homepage of internet explorer is set to a "virus site" and the option to change it from internet options is "blocked". I'm not able to click on the option of changing the homepage... :mad:
    Problem # 3 :- whenever I open Yahoo messenger, something just starts sending the same site ( homepage of internet explorer) to all my friends!! In front of my eyes... I have sent message to all my friends not to click on any link sent by me..
    Problem # 4:- Same # 3 problem with msn messenger.
    Problem # 5 :- I don't have any cd of Microsoft and I want to " REINSTALL THE INTERNET EXPLORER"

HUH... AND MANY MORE...
    THEY ARE ALL SMALL BT VERY ANNOYING PROBLEMS.
    PLEASE HELP ME...
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 12, 2007, 07:11 PM
    You again? The first one I can help with I think
    Right click start /properties/ start menu/ customize /advanced/ make sure the run command box is checked
    Msn and Yahoo -- try uninstalling/reinstalling and see if that will do it [ or get gaim -- it supports both [plus others] in one program. -- Savage
    BlakeCory Posts: 236, Reputation: 21

Apr 12, 2007, 07:16 PM
    It doesn't sound like your virus is gone yet. You will know for sure when you reinstall the programs.

If you need the "run" command you can use the shortcut: Widows key + R. It's faster than using the menus.

God Bless
    svs_patel Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSavage
    you again? the first one I can help with I think
    right click start /properties/ start menu/ customize /advanced/ make sure the run command box is checked
    msn and yahoo -- try uninstalling/reinstalling and see if that will do it [ or get gaim -- it supports both [plus others] in one program. -- Savage
    Sorry to bother u...
    Bt this didn't solve my problem..
    There is no 'run' command present in the properties of start menu
    The message i get when try to open 'run' with shortcut key is shown in the attatched image..
    Thanks for the suggestion of 'gaim'. I never heard of that... i ill try to download
    Thanks again... Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 96
Size:  290.4 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat problems or furnace problems [ 22 Answers ]

Is it possible that a thermostat operates correct all the time except when it reaches the temperature that is set doesn't maintain that temperature?:D I noticed that actually that thermostat gives a signal to the furnace but furnace doesn't turn on but that happens only when thermostat needs to...

Problems [ 1 Answers ]

I am having the same problem. I am using a programmable thermostat and I noted that the thermostat is supplying voltage intermittently to the furnace during the off time. I think the spike is just long enough to turn on the blower and then it shuts off. Again it only does this in the cooling...

Problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm Dustin and me and my girlfriend are in love and know we will marry when the time comes. But right now times are hard with our families, we have snuck out almost three times a week from 1am - 430am and never got caught, but one day change all that. So now a lot that has been underneath the...

Problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have a problem with my relationship my wife spend 12 hours a day in our rec room with my best friend and does a lot of drinking. I don't think that they are having a affair but it sure does put stress on the relationship. Some nights they will stay up till 8:00am well after I have went to bed. ...

PC Problems! [ 4 Answers ]

I'm here in desperate need of help. My computer stopped reading c.ds today. It won't spin or anything, I can hear it try but it doesn't. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but... no dice. I don't know what to do now, what else can I do (besides get a new PC... not really an option,...

View more questions Search