Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMY SHARFMAN Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Check engine light is on
    Do the sparkplugs go into the ignition coil and where does the fuel injector come into play? Im wondering how all these connect. My check engine light is on and I am getting the run around from different mechanics. They each get a different reading on the computer
    FixHondas Posts: 70, Reputation: 4

Apr 12, 2007, 05:47 PM
    You'll need to post more details of your situation.
    Make/model/year?
    Problem?
    Engine codes?
    Previous diagnosis from mechanics?

Apr 12, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Hi I have a 1997 lexus es300. One mechanic told me it was the engine coil. Lexus told me it was the fuel injector. Lexus replaced one of the fuel injectors. And the wires and 2 weeks later the check engine light came on again
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 06:04 PM
    I bet you had code P0306. That's bad ignition coil pack directly over the #6 spark plug.
    I don't buy the injector diagnosis.

Apr 12, 2007, 06:11 PM
    I will.. Thanks. I am bringing it in tomorrow morning. Originally they said it they were sure it was one of the fuel injectors... Thanks for your reply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check engine light flashing [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Guys , I have a serious problem with my car... its a honda accord 98 ex vtec engine , 4cyl manual gear . Recently my check engine light came on and now my light starts flashing on and off repeatedly . I don't know what actually is wrong with then today , I could hardly move instead the...

Check engine light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda accord ex and the check engine light stays on, Also it takes 3 to 4 minutes to start the car.

Engine Check Light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 96 Dodge Neon. Engine Check light came on. I had someone from Autozone check it using some sort of scan tool. Code said it is Cylinder #1 misfire. After the scan test. Engine Check Light came off. Does it mean it is fixed or it was reset? What could cause it to Cylnder #1...

89 civic Check engine light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 89 civic. It was swap with a 91 crx hf. The check engine light came on. It sort of stall a little then starts. I want to know what I should check.

Check Engine Light 91 Taurus [ 1 Answers ]

My check engine light pops on after car runs for about 10-15 minutes. Just replaced power steering hoses, which I removed the air filter assy. Checked connectors and wiring, everything seems tight. My concern is an electrical plug on the old P/S hose I removed. The new hose does not have this, I...

View more questions Search