Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Champijama Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2016, 10:55 AM
    Which laptop should I buy?
    Hi,I´ve been saving money for a while I have around $1000 dollars, and I´ll like to buy a new laptop, after internet investigation I still cant choose one. I want a laptop that I can use it for school, a liitle bit for gaming (league of legends specially) and a laptop that is light so I can work in my bed, sorry for my english is not my first language, I will really appreciate an answer.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2016, 11:24 AM
    What you have available to you will vary significantly depending on what country you currently live in. Not all brands or models are available in more than one country.
    Champijama Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2016, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    What you have available to you will vary significantly depending on what country you currently live in. Not all brands or models are available in more than one country.
    I think the majority of brands are available in my country, I live in Colombia, and if they are not available I can order them from the US. :D
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 4, 2016, 01:50 PM
    Are you opposed to buying brand new? If not and if you have pawn shops near you then you might want to investigate a few of those. You can save tons of money and still get something decent for what your looking for.

The money your intending to spend is a good amount. All I can say is try to stay away from the cheaper models as they usually arent as quality and some that cost more.

On a personal note I happen to like this company and have dealt with them in the past. This one is alittle more then what you have but you might want to save alittle more or wait for a sale.

Xidax | XM-5 Standard, 15.6" Full Hd Laptop
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 4, 2016, 01:54 PM
    I would go for a Lenovo Y50 given your budget and requirements: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops...s/y50/?gaming#
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 4, 2016, 02:05 PM
    Each to their own tastes. I have friends who are Apple all the way, while I prefer Dell. I buy them used or NOS from ebay sellers, for $150-500, about every 3 years. I have 2 that still work in a closet, even though they have some little thing wrong with them.

BEWARE of keeping any computer on in bed, on a pillow or soft comforter. The power supply can overheat and set your bed on fire.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 4, 2016, 02:10 PM
    Joy has a good point, if you do plan on using it in bed, get a beanbag desktop or laptop stand and place it on that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What convertible laptop (laptop+tablet) can I buy that will play football manager 201 [ 1 Answers ]

What convertible laptop (laptop+tablet) can I buy that will play football manager 2014 on it?

Which laptop should I buy [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to buy my first laptop, I already have a PC. My budget is around £350 GBP and I want one with a reasonable amount of RAM. I don't plan to use it for gaming. I also want an optical drive, a built in camera and mike & an HDMI output plus a minimum of 3 USB ports. Screen quality...

Which laptop should I buy? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to buy a new laptop. I’m currently using a Dell Inspiron 600m that I have had for about 4 years. I’m starting to have a lot of problems with it (the power cord must be plugged into the power jack at just the right angle for it to work and the jack where you plug in the network cable is...

View more questions Search