Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunfire9x Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Dec 27, 2015, 08:17 PM
    PEth Test on January 4th or 5th, 2016
    Greetings and Happy Holidays to all!

I wanted to run this by everyone who has had experience with PEth testing and/or has a bit of knowledge regarding the test.

I am going to have a PEth test on January 4th or 5th... I have been mostly sober since Dec 2nd, 2015. I did have one drink on Dec 11th and 1 drink on Dec 19th. I have abstained from alcohol since and will continue to do so up until the test. I also have avoided any alcohol-based products.

I am 29yrs, female, 5'9", 135 lbs.. . I am giving blood on December 30th as well (not sure if this will have an affect, as it is probably too minor in regards to blood loss)

What are the risk? It will have been approx 33-34 days since my binge drinking episode at the time/date of the test.

Are the odds in my favor?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2015, 04:38 AM
    IF all you have had, is those two drinks. You should be fine, while some evidence of the drinking before, may show up, assuming they are looking for results since Dec, and not looking at prior, you should be fine.

Also so much depends on what acceptable limits they have put on the test.

But two drinks in one month, should not show up.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2015, 04:54 AM
    You already have asked this question

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addict...-a-819629.html
    sunfire9x Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Dec 28, 2015, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    IF all you have had, is those two drinks. You should be fine, while some evidence of the drinking before, may show up, assuming they are looking for results since Dec, and not looking at prior, you should be fine.

Okay, thank you. It is a 30 day test (PEth), occasionally testing 1-1.5 months back, but only with heavy drinking. I have been abstaining... and will continue to do so. I guess other things factor in as well, metabolism, etc.

Hopefully, giving a unit of blood on Dec 30th will remove a few of the peth infused RBC's (haha)... although, I doubt it will do much of anything. At least, it will give me peace of mind.

Thanks for giving me hope=)

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You already have asked this question

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addict...-a-819629.html
    I'm aware. I was hoping to receive additional feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post

I think the test threshold limit is 20ng/ml (so kind of low)... but I think that's the norm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PETH Test on January 4th, 2016 [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys, So I am in a licensing board monitoring program and they are most likely requiring that I have PETH blood test in early January (between the 1st-4th)... My last heavy drinking day was Dec 2nd.. . Also, I did have one glass of wine on the 19th. I'm pretty sure the cutoff is...

Peth test [ 1 Answers ]

I drank approx 21/2 light beers 2 Saturdays ago and approx 4 last Saturday, before that no alcohol for weeks, will a peth test this Friday show positive?

I'm now 23 weeks pregnant due 5th January, who is the dad? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , my last period was 29th march,I had sex 1st April but he said he didn't ejeculate, I then had sex 8th April with a new bloke and he did, did a test 27th April which confirmed I was pregnant 2 to 3 weeks, my scan at 12 weeks said last period 31st march, I'm now 23 weeks pregnant due 5th...

View more questions Search