Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gecko13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2015, 01:29 PM
    Bleach question
    If cleaning a bathroom counter with a cleaner containing bleach, is it inert when it dries? How long do you need to wait before using things like mirror cleaner with vinegar or ammonia in case it sprays onto that counter or be concerned about spilling rubbing alcohol on the counter? I am concerned about the mixing of the chemicals and have no background in chemistry... ignorance creates anxiety.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2015, 01:40 PM
    Very valid concerns...

I've always believe that once the surface the product was used on is completely dry... you are safe.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 27, 2015, 01:53 PM
    To be extra careful and reduce your anxiety, wipe the bleach-treated countertop with a wet cloth, then with a dry one.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2015, 02:40 PM
    If you read the contents label, you will find the bleach concentration is very low. When bleach evaporates it does leave behind some Sodium Hypochlorite but at a very low level. Spraying other chemicals at that low a concentration will not cause ill effects. However, as Wondergirl notes, wipe the counter after use to allay any fears.
    Gecko13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2015, 03:00 PM
    Thank you :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleach [ 0 Answers ]

What is the best bleach to use on your dark hair to turn it blonde.

How to bleach black hair blonde with natural bleach [ 2 Answers ]

Like I am natural blonde but I went black and I only have bleach like clothing bleach and I bought a box of blonde die can I bleach it orange then the blonde die with natural it out ?

When You "Bleach" Skin With Skin Lightening, Is That Like Bleach for the Laundry? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, All! Okay, please don't laugh! I really have no idea if the type of bleach that might be used for skin lightening or whitening is the same kind that might be used for the laundry! I mean, people that lighten or whiten their skin talk about bleaching it. So, I would assume that some kind...

Should I bleach my hair or Do a full heavy all over bleach highlights? [ 2 Answers ]

Info on myself. Blue eyes, fair skin, pink undertones, natural hair color is dark blond. Last month I had my hair dyed a dark blonde. BTW, this was done professionally. The top area came out with dark blonde, gold/ red tones, and does not match my skin tone. I would like to be more in the neutral...

View more questions Search