Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    booklover6541 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2015, 01:55 AM
    Pressured Student
    My family celebrated Christmas; it was only my dad, my mom, my 2 younger brothers, and I. Everything had been so amazing with my family since we barely get time to spend together. My parents had not gotten me any thing, but a book cover, which I didn't mind, I just wanted to be with my family. Then they told me it was because I had gotten one B+ in school. My parents are extremely strict of maintaining straight a's, although my younger brothers don't have them. They pressure me to do the best I can, even if they don't realize that I will buckle under the pressure sometimes. I got upset, and decided to lock myself in my room for the rest of Christmas (which I know was not what I should have done). How can I convince my parents that they need to reduce the pressure on me sometimes?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 27, 2015, 02:31 AM
    What your parents are doing isn't right. Have you told them how much pressure you feel, and that what they're doing isn't helping? Why are you the only one they pressure? Why not your bothers too?

How old are you? What grade are you in? One B is not bad at all. I'd kill for grades like that from my kids. They do their best, and that's all we expect, that's all anyone should expect.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2015, 03:54 AM
    I suggested in your other post https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/person...er-818172.html for you to talk to other adults. It's possible you are involved in too many things at once, and I wonder why is that?

All those other activities doesn't seem to bring you any joy, or friends so what's the purpose? I think you are putting to much pressure on yourself.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 27, 2015, 10:42 AM
    Talk to your teacher or school counselor. They may be able to meet with your parents and you to figure out how to deal with this situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feel Pressured! [ 7 Answers ]

My question is my ex husband & I divorced 7 yrs. Ago,he signed over the house as deed of gift & also in the property settlement agreement.(Title is in my name) Both our names are still on the mortgage & my payments are all current,he keeps pressuring & threatening me to refinance... im not...

I think I'm being pressured too have sex. [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old. I'm dating a newly 16 year old. He lost his virginity at 12 :| I haven't lost mine AT ALL. I've only made out with guys. BUT, he keeps asking me if I want too have sex with him, and I keep telling him I'm not ready and he doesn't ever accept that answer. He always replies with...

Pressured p-trap [ 4 Answers ]

Dear help desk, While reparing a bathroom sink p-trap, there was a "hissing" back pressure that lasted approximately 6-10 seconds. My septic tank and drainfied was pumped and replaced within the last 2 years. Please give me several options to correct the problem. P.S. The drainfield...

Feeling pressured [ 8 Answers ]

I've been feeling really pressued to do sexual stuff lately. A lot of guys ask me for oral sex and to do stuff to me, And I don't know if I'm ready to do that stuff yet. But one kid I really like who I've known for 4 years wants me To do stuff with him too. He's not pressuring me, but I feel...

Pressured for sex [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend keeps pressureing me into having sex, and I feel like I couldn't tell him no. How do I tell him no without offending him. I gave it up once and he did not use a condom and he did not pull out in time. So now he acts like he owns me. Help me please I don't know what to do. He says...

View more questions Search