Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mikebosy Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2005, 07:16 AM
    Outlook Express with AVG conflict
    I am using Outlook Express 6 and AVG 7.0 Free Version (with a dialup connection), when I send a mail, I use the setting "Hang up after Send/Receive". This means that as soon as mails disappears from my "Outbox" the connection is terminated. This was OK with AVG version 6.0 but with AVG 7.0, it continues to scan and send message after Outlook Express thinks it's gone. This means the mail doesn't go anywhere until I go online again.

I know I can set AVG not to scan outgoing mail, and/or set up Outlook Express not to hang up after Send/Receive but are these the only answers?

Mike
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2005, 07:59 AM
    Connection terminated
    Hi, Mike,
    I also use Outlook Express 6, and really, why would you want to disconnect your connection after you send an email? Mine is set not to, and it's no problem Right clicking on the small green computer lights, down to the right in the tray, by the clock; then Left click on Disconnect.
    I don't always want to disconnect just because I have sent an email.

I'm sorry, but don't know a specific answer to change your issue with AVG.

But, many use the AVAST free antivirus from:

http://www.download.com/Avast-Home-E...ml?tag=lst-0-3

It has a higher User Rating at http://www.cnet.com/downloads than AVG.

I wish I could help more.

Just for information:
    If you wish to add or subtract from an Experts' reputation, or show appreciation or discontent with an answer, click on the "balance scales" icon by the Experts' name. You can then choose what you wish.

Best wishes,
    fredg
    Mikebosy Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2005, 10:43 AM
    Outlook Express Conflict with AVG
    Hi Fredg
    Thanks for advice

Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running XP on my home computer. Since one of my sons "tweaked something" I can see messages (properties show full message is there) in the in box but the preview pane is empty. Similarly if you open the message the main message box is empty. If you print the e mail it shows attachments present...

Outlook Express for XP/How to set something [ 4 Answers ]

How do you set outlook so that when you highlight and e-mail it doesn't automatically open an attachment, for security purposes?

Outlook express [ 13 Answers ]

hi pals i have installed the outlook express now it asks me the incomming server and outgoing server if i want to access my yahoo or gmail mails then what is my pop server and smtp server?? :confused:

Outlook express 6 [ 2 Answers ]

How can I use my outlook properly, I can't receive, can't send what is happening... please help me... :(

View more questions Search