Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zephyrw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2015, 10:18 AM
    Willingness to Pay
    If I'm willing to buy a piano for $1000, how for should I be willing to drive to get one?

How far*
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2015, 10:33 AM
    Far enough to get a good deal on one that's worth having and not in need of a lot of repairs.

Do you have a truck and a few strong friends riding along with you or are you paying a shipping company to move it?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2015, 01:54 PM
    Depends on value of your investment. If it is a $1000 piano, not far. If it is a $5000 piano lots farther. Craigslist has loads of them for $100 up, some free for the taking.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 22, 2015, 02:01 PM
    No further than you will go to examine it first. A cracked soundboard makes it worthless. Bring your truck, helpers, money, and meet a piano expert there and pay him or her.
    Oh, and pianos need special dollies that won't dig grooves into floors.
    All in all, I would go see one, hire an expert, plus hire a piano mover. Costly.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 22, 2015, 02:39 PM
    How far should you be willing to drive? Well, it all depends on you and what you're willing to do.

I may be willing to drive for hours to get a good deal on a good piano, but you may not be willing. Asking us what you're willing to do, is not a question we can answer, because we have no idea what you're willing to do.

So, what are you willing to do? Only you can answer this question.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2015, 08:04 PM
    A 1000 dollar piano is not very good, normally, if you find a great one for 1000 drive 100's of miles. I drove about 300 miles to get a very nice free one, once.

I will assume you have a truck, and 4 or more men to help move one. They are heavy.

Also you understand that after you move a piano, it must be re-tuned

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pay as summer intern reported on 1099-misc.Do I have to pay SocSec as self-employed? [ 1 Answers ]

I received $1000, my only income for 2010, as a summer intern for a non-profit. It reported this in Box#7 on Form 1099-Misc. Do I have to pay Social Security tax on this? Medicare tax? Income Tax? I am a college student claimed as a dependent by my parents.

Do I have to pay back maternity leave pay or disability pay? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm going out on disability next week for about three-four weeks. After that, I'll be having a baby and I'll get 6 weeks maternity pay at 50%. Do I have to pay my company back for this if I quit while on leave? My benefits are under my husband.

Willingness to pay and Net present value [ 1 Answers ]

Could anyone please explain the relationship between willingness to pay and net present value, and how these then translate to cost benefit analysis? Thanks.

View more questions Search