Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hello1214 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2015, 01:08 PM
    Working as a Full time employee (non-student status) as a student?
    Hi, I'm just wondering if you could work as a full-time employee, a non-student status one, despite being a student?

If not, is it determined by the company you work at or is it by law that you can't. Thanks!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 19, 2015, 01:31 PM
    HS or college, citizen or foreign student visa, and is the job on the school campus or not?
    Hypotheticals are a pain - it would be helpful if you would be specific.
    hello1214 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2015, 01:51 PM
    I'm a unversity student in Canada. I'm a citizen. The job is not on the school campus, but a public company in the city. Thanks!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 19, 2015, 02:02 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't know Canadian labor law regarding student status. Or even if different provinces have additional laws to federal ones.

They want to pay you less than minimum wage, or less than the scale for the position?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work? [ 26 Answers ]

I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you

Working full time in the UK on a student visa? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, I am on a student visa in the UK. I have just completed my course in university and am waiting for my degree to arrive (which would be in July). I am wondering if I would be able to work on a full time basis here on a permanent job now that my university is completed. My student...

Full-time student [ 1 Answers ]

Can I file taxes if I am a full-time student with a child and I didn't have a job for the year 2008?

Full time student and working [ 5 Answers ]

I'll be starting my freshman year at san diego state this September. I'll be an out of state student, with like no family there. I plan on working and being a full time student. Do any of you find this extremely hard and how do you deal with it?

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

View more questions Search