Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chasity Hoss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2015, 12:53 PM
    Injury
    On Aug 13 of this year I had carpal tunnel release on my left hand and cervical fusion at l4-5. Everything has been healing well. The day after thanksgiving I fell down some stairs and caught myself on my left hand. Immediately it turned red and my hand swollen. I talked to the dr and they didn't seem to concerned. In the last few weeks my arm from my elbow to my hand freezes (sticks) for a few seconds. It doesn't hurt but it's a very strange sensation when I can't move it. My incision site is now very tender. Is the freezing from the fall and should I be concerned?
    Chasity
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2015, 01:59 PM
    Don't you think an Orthopedic Doctor would best answer this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 19, 2015, 02:07 PM
    I would demand a visit and maybe a referral after the new year. Your doctor might have acted unconcerned just to postpone having to deal with it, or he was waiting to see if it would heal by itself.
    And YOU need to change your living arrangements. A fall down the stairs is something you want to never happen again, with that surgery behind you.
    On the other hand, I have had a knee that 'freezes' and then painfully snaps into place, what is called a trick knee, for years, and never had it looked at. I attribute it to inflammation blocking ease of movement. But you also have problems around the surgical site.
    Keep in mind that many, many people scar around surgical sites, internally. That means a lifetime of inflexibility and discomfort. And it may not happen right away. I have a broken finger that got very lumpy 10 years after the break.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Injury [ 4 Answers ]

I was walking into walmart with my childreb. Then a christmas tree fell down knocking the metal display sign into my leg. My ankle is bruised badly but my insurance does notbkick in until the beginning of the year. Do I have grounds for a lawsuit? Also no caution signs were there

Income help after an injury [ 2 Answers ]

I fell on the ice and broke my leg. Now I can not go to work. Can you tell me what programs are out to help me with my bill until I can get back to work?

Shoulder injury! [ 1 Answers ]

I dislocated my shoulder two years ago and ever since then it is easier to dislocate again! I have dislocated it 3 times now but it has supluxed(I think that's the right word) at least 10 times, I'm so used to it now I just put it back in and carry on. However it has completely knocked my...

Self Injury [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I didn't quite know where to post this so I tried here... Anyway, I know that self injury is typical of someone who has been abused through childhood, but I seemed to be OK there for a few months... now Im taking social work in college which didn't bother me till today when we watched a video...

View more questions Search