Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mamamia25220 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2015, 09:33 PM
    gave too many meds to dog
    My mom went to a Christmas party tonight and so I was encharge. So I gave the dogs their mess, my mastiff gets 2 Benadryl and that's what I did, when my mom got home I guess she wasn't thinking and she gave my mastiff 2 more Benadryl, my mastiff weighs about a 115 pounds but I'm scared, what should I do :(
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2015, 11:39 PM
    Tell her
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2015, 04:39 AM
    Yes, just tell her, it was as much her mistake as yours.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2015, 03:39 PM
    The benedryl overdose will just make your dog ultra sleepy.

You and your mom need to be in better communication with each other when it comes to meds. If this were anything else, it could be fatal.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 14, 2015, 03:48 PM
    If your pet is on meds, specifically, you need to keep a log that everyone can access and see what has been given, date and time.,
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 14, 2015, 07:06 PM
    I agree with Lucky and Tickle. Your dog will likely be okay, this time. But for future you should keep a log. Easy to do. If you have computer skills, make a meds schedule, print it, and then whoever gives a dose signs in on the sheet, date, and time, so that there's a record. That way there's no double doses, and no worry.

If your dog is having a reaction to this overdose it's time to see your vet. Sadly there's very little we would be able to do online.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog already gave birth to one [ 11 Answers ]

I call around and the nearest one every one say is 2 hrs away and I would to have $1500 I have no way of getting there and I don't have $1500 I'm real worried about my dog right now I am massaging her belly and trying to move the pups around so they could come out. I don't know what else I can do.

My dog ate a meat bone my dad gave him. My dog is now shaking and is lethargic [ 10 Answers ]

My dad heard on a radio show it is good to give dogs bones. So he gave my dog a meat bone and now my dog is shaking and acting lethargic. What should I do I am worried and concerned??

Dog ate meds [ 2 Answers ]

My niece called me and said her 3month old terrier mix ate one of her alegra pills. Is there any real concerns for this? Will he show side effects? What to watch for

Dog ate meds [ 3 Answers ]

I left my puppy (5mos) alone for a matter of 1 minute and she got into my pills eating one of my tegetrols. Will this kill her:confused::( :eek: Thank you.

Dog just gave birth [ 2 Answers ]

My dog just had four puppies three days ago but she won't eat anything but cheerios. I tried everything mixing the cheerios with dog food, dry and soft. My vet said she need all the food she can get because she is feeding the puppies. She needs to it other healthy stuff too. What can I do? Please...

View more questions Search