Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2015, 02:29 PM
    06 F150 with Roush Supercharger
    Hello! I hope someone can answer my question. I need (and will) take my truck in, but would like an idea as to what this might be.

My truck cuts out, like its running out of gas, when accelerating uphill or just going 60mph or faster. It has a Rousch supercharger on it and it sounds funny. Usually it has a loud whistle, but now it sounds kind of sad.

At first I thought it was spark plugs, could it still be spark plugs? My boyfriend thinks it has something to do with the transmission, but I never feel the transmission being engaged when this happens, in fact, "flooring it" causes the cutting out to stop. I think it's the supercharger.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2015, 08:24 PM
    Sounds like the turbo may have failed. It happens frequently, especially if you don't use full-synthetic engine oil.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2015, 08:31 PM
    Its run on full synthetic and it's a supercharger.. is there a difference?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2015, 03:09 PM
    Super chargers are driven by a belt, while turbo chargers are driven by exhaust gases. Did you reprogram the PCM, to accomodate the supercharger? When did you change the fuel filter last? It should be done every 30,000 miles. Your spark plug idea is a good one, too. Superchargers are harder on plugs and every other part of the engine.
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2015, 03:40 PM
    Thank you.

Ive been reading and there are lots of things to try before claiming the supercharger is failing. My boyfriend thinks it's the fuel filter, so I guess that, and spark plugs, will be step one.

Thanks for your time!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 25, 2015, 03:38 PM
    A loud whistle sound can be cause by a vacum leak. A vacum leak can lead to symptoms exactly as you describe.

Easy to check with a vacum gauge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crank angle sensor location on a 2001 nissan frontier v6 4x4 supercharger? [ 0 Answers ]

Computer code says there is a faulty crank angle sensor... trying to locate and replace.

How much oil does the nose of a 92 buik supercharger take? [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing the supercharger in my 92 buik park ave and need to know how much and what kind of oil it needs.

Supercharger Toyota Previa [ 1 Answers ]

What problem can cause when the supercharger from a Toyota Previa sucked some dirt ? Can it be damaged ? If so how can it be solved ? It still functions but the boost decreased a little .

Supercharger oil fill plug [ 1 Answers ]

Where is oil fill plug located on supercharger for 2000 pontiac grand prix gtp?

View more questions Search