Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjwillis44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 10:54 AM
    How to troubleshoot turn signal light on 2002 Ford Explorer Sports Trac
    Right turn signal in rear is not working. Replaced bulb but didn't help and fuse is good. Any ideas as to what is going on?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 11:01 AM
    This is just a starting point. Remove the bulb and turn the blinker on, checking to insure the front blinker is in fact working. Use a 12vdc test probe to see if you have power to the socket. Ground you tester to the car and probe both contacts, one should show 12 vdc alternating. If one contact shows power then more to the next step. Move your probe to just the two contacts in the socket to insure you not only have power but also have a ground. If either contact is bad you probably have a bad wire leading to the socket and you'll need to trace that open line down.
    itsjb5 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Many years of ford exp... after checking above it is the multifuntion switch... better known as the multi*uckedup switch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 ford escape problems [ 1 Answers ]

Problem 1- Paint is peeling on the roof. It looks like there is no primer on the metal. Do any other people have this problem? What can I do about this? Problem 2- The 6 player cd unit does not work. Cd will not eject. Can I fix this? Does Ford Motor Co. know about this ?

2002 Ford Explorer Brake Lights Remain On After I Park And have left the Car. [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I am wanting to know why my rear lights remain on after I have parked and removed my key form the ignition. I don't even use the rear lights during daytime. Leads me to believe the lights must be brake lights. Can anybody tell me why these lights remain on? After I removed the Brake...

1997 Ford Explorer overdrive trouble. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Ford Explorer, 4wd, 188k mi. My check engine light is on and it gave me a p1762 code error. The transmission does not seem to be going into overdrive or 3rd gear. I can still go 60 mph but the engine rpm's are at 3k. The OD button is on the shifter and seems to be working. The OD...

2002 ford excursion [ 1 Answers ]

Where are all the relays and fuses on the 2002 ford excursion

2002 Ford Focus [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased my car and from time to time the car will not start I had a car alarm in it and it was taken out by a certified technician. It has been looked over several times. However, when it does not start if you remove the ignition relay and put it back in the car starts right up! Any idea's...

View more questions Search