Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonesfrank0564 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2015, 12:32 PM
    Hook digital to analog splitter
    Will It work to connect digital out on DVD to a red and white l&r splitter and then to the to line in on a sound bar? I'm trying to use HDMI 2 To get sound from DVD to sound bar. Sound bar only has line in and red & white audio. Red and white audio already being used for TV.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 30, 2015, 03:20 PM
    If I understand this correctly - you want to take the sound signal embedded in an HDMI cable and somehow connect it to a "line in" port on the sound bar, correct? Is the "line in" a standard RCA jack (coax, often used in stereos - I assume that's what you mean by a red-and-white left-and-right splitter)? How were you planning to splice the HDMI leads to it?

In short the answer is no, it won't work. Reason is that HDMI sound signals are digital, not analog, whereas your line-in connection works only with analog sound signals.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2015, 11:23 AM
    How about red and white out of DVD, to red and white on soundbar? And I take it soundbar does not accept digital input?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2015, 11:43 AM
    Does the DVD and sound bar have optical? The tiny little connector most people aren't aware is there or what it is if they have seen it labled TOSLINK?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Analog to Digital TV [ 13 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic PT-42LC14 TV and according to this web site DTVTransition.org - A New Era in Television Broadcasting my TV is digital and should be able to work without a converter box but I don't know how to change it to digital.

My TV: Analog or Digital [ 2 Answers ]

How can I tell if I have a digital or analog TV? It is a Sony Trinitron 2003 model #KV27FS100L.

Analog vs digital [ 2 Answers ]

I want to known about the transmission of electromagnetic waves in cell phones is digital or analog signal ? Explain me about the transmission line ?

View more questions Search