Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meandonlyme2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Relocation package repayment
    I recently quit my job because I was expecting to get laid off or fired because our department was losing contracts, we were overmanned, and I was the newest employee. I had just finished training and was told I should find a permanent position in another department which is not what I was hired for. I am now told I have to pay back the relocation package, aside from realizing I should have let them fire me, I want to know if I truly have to pay it back or is there a way to avoid that?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 09:28 AM
    I'd have to read your agreement but chances are you do owe them the money. You quit preemptively and may have not understood the company's long range plan. They were not obligated to hire you in the first place but they did. They are not obligated to offer relocation packages but they did. They gave you an option that you decided not to take. I think you need to pay them or ask for any position they can place you in. Any job is better than no job and it may release you from the repayment.
    meandonlyme2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 10:05 AM
    I don't need a job... I have one, getting a new job is not the issue, that is very easy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repayment options [ 2 Answers ]

I have a couple of different questions.. First of I was rear-ended in February, the person that hit me has no insurance. My vehicle was totaled and the insurance is only paying $5000 to my lien holder leaving me a total of $3000 left due. I have been paying on the vehicle since 2001, and I...

Sign on bonus repayment [ 1 Answers ]

I have to repay my sign on bonus because I resign from my job before I had completed 1 year of employment. My sign on bonus was $5,000 gross and $3,217.5 net after tax (which I received). My company asks me to pay back $4,617.5. I don't understand why I should reimburse more than the net I have...

Loan Repayment [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I hope I can get some good advice on this site as I am a new user. I loaned $1000.00 to a person that said he would pay me that coming Monday, that was 6 months ago. I have received $200.00 from a check that he gave and I have a copy of the check and I also have a copy of the check that I...

Re bonus repayment [ 1 Answers ]

My employer notified me that I have to repay my bonus $6k after tax. The gross amount was $10k. What is interesting is that they told me if I don't repay by their cutoff date for 2005 adjustments I will have to pay close to the entire amount per the IRS. Can anyone point me to where in the...

View more questions Search