Ask
    craigrinker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2015, 03:45 PM
    Do Maple trees have tap roots
    Do Maple trees have tap roots
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 21, 2015, 04:36 PM
    Maple trees do not have a tap root but a lateral root. All depends where it was planted and where the water supply is.

Why do you ask?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2015, 03:09 PM
    If you look at Maple trees planted for a long time you will see all the roots along the top of the ground (laterals as noted above), impossible to grow grass under them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do maple trees have tap roots [ 0 Answers ]

We are removing a maple tree due to ice storm damage. We have encountered many roots large and small while digging around the remaining stump. I am wondering, will we encounter a taproot or will we only encounter the seemingly endless number of "horizontal" roots?

I have a old maple tree and my neighbor is cutting the tap roots [ 3 Answers ]

I bought the house 10 years ago and this guy wants me to cut it down. Im not cutting it down so now he's digging and cutting up the tap roots going on to his property is this aloud. From what I read hear and there he can cut anything above the ground I didn't plant this tree and its about 90 years...

Maple trees: [ 2 Answers ]

We live in OK. And just recently moved and the home we bought has maple trees, variety I am unsure of. This whole housing addition is full of maple trees. Our problem is we are elderly and thought when we left the oak trees behind we would not be cleaning gutters & raking the yard constantly. My...

View more questions Search