Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gascott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2015, 09:17 PM
    Leaking downstairs ceiling
    When it rains my downstair ceiling leaks at my baywindow area. It is getting worse and worse and it is moldy . Please help.! I won't be able to have christmas dinner if I don't get it fixed. I have been trying since last year and wasting money.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2015, 01:19 PM
    I would start with the flashing where bay mates to the house, that is a fairly common place to leak. We just had to do a job for a customer when the new roofing installer cut the sidewall flashing and it leaked into the wall. A loose piece of siding may also be allowing water in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower leaking to downstairs ceiling [ 0 Answers ]

Our ceiling started leaking right below our shower. I removed part of the ceiling and there are several drips under the shower floor. 2 years ago we had our shower tiled and the guy put the tile over top of the shop pan that was already there. I removed some of the tiles and the drain cap from...

What is leaking from my upstairs bathroom onto my downstairs ceiling? How do I [ 2 Answers ]

I figure out exactly what is leaking?

Upstairs shower leak! Leaking downstairs - already taken the ceiling out downstairs. [ 6 Answers ]

The other night my little girl was showering upstairs when I heard water dripping DOWNSTAIRS. I looked into the downstairs bathroom and saw the light fixture half full of water and pouring everywhere + running down the walls. I shut off the light and ran upstairs to get her out of the STEEL tub....

Tub leaking into downstairs ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been frustrated.We found the ceiling under the tub was wet.Then we could not get any hot water out of the tub faucet.My husband took it all apart, replaced the faucet and retiled around it all.It still leaks from somewhere.He has retiled a few tiles around the tub.No visible...

Ceiling on downstairs neighbors bathroom is leaking. [ 1 Answers ]

My neighbor's bathroom ceiling has a leak. I live in a condo (they were converted from apartments). The neighbor’s bathroom is right under my bathroom, she stated that I must have a leak. I checked all the plumbing that is visible and my toilet is not clogged and has not been clogged there is...

View more questions Search