Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessica1290 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Can a 16yr old decide who he/she wants to live with?
    Can a 16 yr old decide where he or she wants to liv? I live with my mom but I want to move with my dad we used to live in Texas but she moved in with her boyfriend to North Carolina and I want to move back with my father what should I do?
    sat_mat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica1290
    can a 16 yr old decide where he or she wants to liv? i live with my mom but i want to move with my dad we used to live in texas but she moved in with her boyfriend to north carolina and i want to move back with my father what should i do?
    See your mother also need some one. What your mother had done might not be worng .Is she not looking you properly.Then you should think of it and Will your father accept u.If yes then go
    Else stop thinking live happiely.spend time with both of them.

All the best
    Sat
    Samloveskyle Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 12, 2007, 09:06 AM
    can a 16 yr old decide where he or she wants to liv? i live with my mom but i want to move with my dad we used to live in texas but she moved in with her boyfriend to north carolina and i want to move back with my father what should i do?
    Hey... Im 16 and Im from Oklahoma and I know here if you want to move or live with whoever you can.. Now if your dad takes your mom to court you can tell them who you want to live with and he can probably get something arranged and maybe even get custody.. hope I helped
    derreuna Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Yes

Apr 12, 2007, 09:26 AM
    But not with no boyfriend because your family down here and you down there they can't see about you if you get hurt they care for you

Apr 12, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Oh yesh you can move with your father but not your boyfriend really I will hate to leave my parents you in a bad sisation I hope the best
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 13, 2007, 02:43 AM
    This subject has been covered in other posts. Basically, the answer is no, you cannot DECIDE where you want to live until you are 18.

However, your choice of which parent you want to live with will be listened to in Family Court. But first, your father has to petition the court to modify the Custody agreement. In the hearings, the court will listen to your preference.

But there are some other factors here. If there was a Custody agreement in place, your mom may have violated it by moving unless your father gave permission. Is your father willing to have you move in with him?

What you need to do, is talk with your father and get him to initiate the process of modifying the custody agreement.

P.S. Please don't ask questions via PM. Most of us will not answer privately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Decide. [ 7 Answers ]

Ever since I was a child I've wanted to be a veterinarian. I currently work in a vet clinic as a Veterinarian Technician. I love my job I love what I do. For the past few years I've also thought about being a forensic scientist or a Crime scene investigator. I don't really know if I want to be a...

What age dose children decide where they want to live Ohio [ 12 Answers ]

My son is 14 yrs old and has stated he wants to live with his father because he doesn't like his sister so he has gone to his father and he has filed stuff with the courts for custody and a gal has been assigned to my son and this gal has told me that I could very well lose my son just because he...

16yr old son wants to take my husbands last name [ 3 Answers ]

I have been with my husband since my oldest son was 8 months, he is now turning 17 and is graduating high school next year. He stressed that he does not want to graduate and his diploma not have his fathers last name (my husband). He currently has his birth fathers last name whom my son does...

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

X gives alcohol to 16yr old during visitation [ 2 Answers ]

I live with boyfriend who is divorced for last 7 years and 2 of his children. Daughter 16 and son 12. 16yr old was home sick from school for 2 days and wanted to go out on Friday night and was denied. Stated she was "going to see mom". That night mom allowed other "friends" of the daughter to come...

View more questions Search