Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GAtterbury Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2015, 02:48 PM
    Maytag Refrigerator Problems
    Maytag side by side ref.-freezer, Either side dose not cool or freeze. Model (P) PSD26624EW
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2015, 07:03 PM
    Does the light come on when the door is opened?
    If not, check to be sure it's plugged in, and that the breaker is not tripped.

If you're sure the power is good, it could be anything from a simple burnt wire to a bad motor or more.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2015, 07:59 PM
    Yes, does it light up? Checked breaker? There are so many things. No power, bad compressor, overload tripped a safety switch, no Freon, bad circuit board. Unless you can trouble shoot it yourself, have a tech look at it. If it is more than 10-15 years old, replace it and let the replacement company haul the old one away.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2015, 04:46 PM
    Have you washed out the coils under it? If the coils are dirty it will not cool and will burn up the compressor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag refrigerator problems [ 2 Answers ]

My Maytag refrigerator is working fine on top as a freezer, but not cooling on the bottom. I have already removed dust from the fan and the coils.

Maytag plus refrigerator problems [ 1 Answers ]

Maytag Plus side by side refrigerator was having problems keeping the upper refrigerator section cold. We had the compressor check and the refrigerant refilled but now if we make the upper refrigerator section colder, the partition between the refrigerator and freezer where the door seals get very...

Maytag Refrigerator Problems [ 0 Answers ]

3-30-2012 COMPRESSOR "SHOT" ON 5 YR OLD MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR!! Compressor bad on 5 year old Maytag bottom freezer refrigerator, Model # MBF 2256KEQ. The freezer compartment suddenly stopped freezing, spoiled lots of food, and when I called the local appliance dealer, they came out and said...

Problems with my Maytag refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

The model number is MSD2756G, and the problem is that the refrigerator will not stay cold and the freezer is only freezing haf way up the wall of the freezer. It will not stay cold enough for the ice maker to freeze and make ice.

Problems with Maytag refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have Maytag side by side refrigerator which is forming ice. We have had the heater and there thermostate changed but the problem is still there. We have called the technician twice alredy and he can't figure it out. Once the ice start forming in the forzen side the refrigeratior start...

View more questions Search