Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trinlee0416 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2015, 05:43 PM
    Friend on probation transfer
    My boyfriend had found himself in a situation where he is homeless and living in a shelter. I have volunteered him to live with me the only thing he is on probation and when I was in my mid 20s (going 7yrs) I got charged with a gross misdemeanor and have never been in trouble since. Does he have a chance of still being able to live with me or did my pass mistake ruin his chances?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2015, 04:41 AM
    First, while it is great to help a friend, make sure there is an exit plan for him.

Read about 1000's posts here and you will see where they start, (I was helping a friend) stay temporary, he has been there for months now, and he will not leave, how do we evict. And/or he is laying on couch not trying to find work.

So be sure there is a strict plan.

In regard to the actual question, it is just up to the PO and local rules often. He can apply, but you have many ways to help him, job searches and the such, just because it is a homeless shelter, does not mean it is the worst place.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 18, 2015, 05:58 AM
    Your other post says he is your boyfriend, but he can certainly apply with his PO and find out for certain rather than just worry if you are an appropriate person to live with. Much depends on what you both were charged with, and as was said how the PO feels about you both.

What is he on probation for? What was your misdemeanor? Do you have a job? How long has he been your boyfriend? I would imagine these are the questions a PO would ask you. Hope you have GREAT answers.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 18, 2015, 09:21 AM
    ... I got charged with a gross misdemeanor ...
    And, presumably, you got convicted. How gross was it (what was the nature of the crime)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will Dallas Tx probation accept Ga probation transfer? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a misdemeanor drug charge in Georgia. I lost my job 6 months ago and have been looking but nobody will hire me. I found this shelter in Texas that will give me a place to stay and help me get a job and my own place. Can I get a transfer?

I am wanting to transfer my probation and probation said no [ 5 Answers ]

Felony on his record from 5 years ago. Once we get married, will they still be able to tell me I can't move with him?

Violation of probation? Transfer probation? [ 0 Answers ]

Okay so my husband is on probation cause he owes 7,000 for a dui accident he had last year. He will be off probation as soon as he finishes paying but he has had some problems for the last 3-4 months. He relapsed on drugs and was basically in the streets this whole time and hasn't checked in to...

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

I need help. I have a friend that is on probation, he has never vilated any terms of his probation and recently asked his probation officer to transfer his probation to another state. He had to pay a filing fee, and fill out paper work and is now waiting. He has since started nursing school and...

View more questions Search