Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TrueShelby Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2015, 09:04 PM
    I feel like such a bad person and I need advice please help.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm such a bad person, I often get into fights, I swear, and sometimes do not so appropriate stuff. I make bad decisions.I honestly feel like such a bad person, any advice?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2015, 09:24 PM
    Getting into anger management should help on part about fights... as far as bad choices... it depends a lot on WHAT they were... and why you did what you did.

How old are you? Also important because teens and children frequently make bad decisions...its immaturity and lack of life experience an adult doing it is a bit different in approach and far more difficult.

The important thing is you recognize you are doing it...so you are receptive to making changes if you can be guided to the right way to make decisions. And more importantly...you appear to want to learn to do better. That's half of the battle right there.
    Wheatleyww Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2015, 12:10 AM
    It will be okay! Try to stop the habit of bad things and innapropriate things and when someone confronts you about it, be honest! When you feel bad about yourself, remember no one is like you and you are special in your own way. When you fall, prop yourself up again! About the fights, if it was your fault you should say sorry and ask for forgiveness on their part. If they won't apologize for something they did I would tell an adult or the principal about them. When people say you are a tattletale, guess what? That isn't even a word so they are just talking jibberish. Just ignore them.
    joannaparker31 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Nov 17, 2015, 12:34 AM
    They way you've managed to seek advice here is a good sign that you regret your wrondoings. Just focus on this sort of positive approach and stay calm. Try not to repeat what you think you've done erringly earlier. Try meditating on positive things. Cheers.
    StephanyStevens Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2015, 12:57 AM
    It is your mind which is play all these tricks on you and making you weak. The less you worry the more stronger you will be able to sort things out. When you feel bad immediately switch your attention to something like music, games, building up a conversation or go meet a friend. Basically just start doing something you love the most. Having a pet to home also will help your to evade loneliness and that insecure feeling.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 17, 2015, 03:09 AM
    Being mean, argumentative, nasty = showing others how you feel about yourself. "This is what the world did to me and now I'm going to do it to you."
    So tell us what the world did to you.
    Anger is preceded by HURT, no matter how brief.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2015, 03:45 AM
    Getting into a fight, is a personal choice, it is something you can decide not to do, walk away. It is a matter of moral values (normally)

doing things inappropriate is a matter of choice, I could choice to have sex with 10 women this week, but I chose not to, and to be faithful to my wife.

cursing, is often a issue of culture and habit, and is really hard to break. It takes making an effort to watch your language.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 17, 2015, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueShelby View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I'm such a bad person, I often get into fights, I swear, and sometimes do not so appropriate stuff. I make bad decisions.I honestly feel like such a bad person, any advice?
    As anyone who has started a 12 step program will tell you, knowing you have a problem is the first step to solving the problem. There is a huge difference between being told that you're a B***h and realizing that you're being a B***h. Once you know and accept that you have a problem, you can start to make changes to fix it.

The first thing is to realize that you're not a bad person. There aren't really many bad people out there. There are people who are psychologically unbalanced but those are less common then you would think.A lot of people get damaged during their youth and early adulthood. It the nurture part of life, events that shape who you are. Your parents divorce, or alcoholic uncle who abused you, or being bullied, or bullying, are all events that shape who you are and how you react to the world. You can ask 10 different people about this and get 11 different answers.

How do you fix this? It is well beyond my skills, I would talk to someone, a counsellor, bartender, or your best friend. You need to explore your past and figure out why you're doing the things you are doing. The best thing I can think of is when you have a moment that you're not proud of, getting into a fight or something some inappropriate for example, you should write it down in a journal and then try to figure out why you did it. What made you angry. This will be painful because sometimes the answer is embarrassing or shameful. Once you know why you're doing what you doing you can start to explore fixing those.

This is to say that simply trying to not be a bad person isn't enough. You might have to, for example, forgive yourself and accept that you did your best, or accept that your parents are human and not perfect and they have to deal with life too and won't make the best decisions. You need to get to the why.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He makes me feel like a bad person... [ 3 Answers ]

I have this boyfriend who I am so completely head over heels about, the only problem is that he is so incredibly insecure and jealous, he's also very controlling and filled with double standards... basically all our problems started because I had this friend (who was a guy) we will call him kyle,...

Is it likely I'll become a really bad criminal/bad person? I'm really scared. Please [ 17 Answers ]

I'm 16, and I live with my mum, dad and sister. My mum is an alcoholic, she drinks a lot and she even picked me up from school once when she was drunk. My dad is nice, but he has a Habit of getting mad a lot. I have ADHD, OCD and Hypochondria, I take medications for the ADHD and Hypochondria, but I...

I feel bad after turning down a guy- but I felt he was a bit obsessive: advice [ 5 Answers ]

I went out with a group of friends and one of my friends brought along his guy friend. We talked and danced a little bit but that's as far as it went. He seemed nice and intelligent and he's friends with a friend of mine, so I thought it was fine to give him my number. But, then I noticed he became...

Can women have a affair feel like she got to stay in it if the person feel in love [ 3 Answers ]

I heard a woman say she had sex with a co-worker cause she was bored, and he was coming at her everyday about loving her and treating her right. She then had sex with him and after 2 encounters wanted to stop but didn't know how to tell him no.

Am I the bad person I feel like [ 4 Answers ]

OK here is the shortest version I can give. I have know this girl for six years I haven bin in love with her for that long and she has loved me but we both married other people and wish we didn't I just got divorced and she is looking to "he treats her and there dughter really bad, we have talked...

View more questions Search