Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kasanovatm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Transferring probation from Va. To Ks.
    I have a fiancé that lives in Ks. And I'm on probation in Va for bad checks. I have filled the paper work with my P.O. to do the transfer. Will Kansas give me any problems? I have a place to live there. I don't see how I can get a job till I move.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Helo kas:

Then I don't see how they'll let you go.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 04:13 PM
    It is hard to say, some states don't want those on probatoin to be moving in and will try and find reasons not to allow it. So it is just a waiting game to see what they will decide. Normally a lot will go on your PO's opinoin and recommendation, what did he think also how long have you been on probation, if you have been on it a while and have not been any trouble, it will look good also,
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

Apr 12, 2007, 09:02 PM
    I would think that the terms of your probation would be a major consideration. If you were told you had to keep full time employment, pay restitution, report 2x mo. etc... I moved to Ohio right after pleading with no problem. Your crime would be seen as a non-violent crime so I would guess (unless the state your moving to has a lot of criminals already) that they would let you move... but the system often fools us. That's why so many are in the net. Good luck.
    misstammy70 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kasanovatm
    I have a fiance that lives in Ks. and I'm on probation in Va for bad checks. I have filled the paper work with my P.O. to do the transfer. Will Kansas give me any problems? I have a place to live there. I don't see how I can get a job till I move.
    My husband is going through the same type of problem only he has a job we just can't secure a home until we know the transfer is going to go through , it's a no win situation . My suggestion to you would be to try monster jobs or check the local news paper were you will be moving and try to put some applications in on line . Also have your boyfriend do some networking for you , maybe he had a friend that might hire you just until you find a more suitable job . I hope this helps.
    jester95020 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 03:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kasanovatm
    I have a fiance that lives in Ks. and I'm on probation in Va for bad checks. I have filled the paper work with my P.O. to do the transfer. Will Kansas give me any problems? I have a place to live there. I don't see how I can get a job till I move.
    Well its true if you pay your revenue which is your monthly fees' you can be off probation early that's a fact according to 2 months of research for this situation I'm in the same position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring Property Title - Alabama [ 1 Answers ]

My elderly parents own a home in Alabama. They would like to transfer the property title out of their name into a trust account. My dad wants to do this. How can I help my parents with this?

Transferring home ownership. [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if there is a way for my parents to transfer their home to me. The reason we are trying to transfer the house to me is that they will be retiring soon and will most likely leave the country with only occasional visits back to the states. People we've talked to thus far have...

Transferring deeds [ 3 Answers ]

After we got married my ex husband bought a house just in his name, now such property was declared a community property,we have to go back to court for the final resolution in November. So far, he has taken private loans and there is little equity left; how can I force him to put my name in the...

Transferring a 401 [ 2 Answers ]

I have an account with Valic about 100K in it, it is in a retirement 401 started with my old co. I have moved to a new job, they have a 401 k with BBand T. Should I transfer the original 401 or just start a new one. If I leave the original I can not add to it right? What's the best way to have...

Transferring big file [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm Wessley, I have a movie file of around 600MB on a pc. Is it possible for me to transfer it to an other pc if I only have the internet, and a floppy drive. Is there any software available that can either zip the file sufficiently, or that can split it into smaller files? Thanks

View more questions Search