Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Johncc38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2015, 01:03 PM
    Water to house just stopped
    The water in my house just stopped running. Turned outside valve on and off couple of times the water tank is making a loud gurgling noise
    Johncc38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2015, 01:08 PM
    The water to my house stopped checked the valve outside turned on and off the water h
    The water stopped and water heater is making a loud gurgling noise, checked the vale outside turned in on and off 2x
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 10, 2015, 02:22 PM
    Look at water meter. Is water meter turning?

Turn water heater off.

Have you paid water bill?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 10, 2015, 05:12 PM
    Call your local water department right away (and turn the gas or electric supply to the water heater off ASAP as well). If you have a well/pump and aren't familiar with the system, you'll need to call a local well guy in the morning.

Mark
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Nov 11, 2015, 08:13 AM
    You may also be experiencing difficulties with your well pump. Seems like the problem is based on system pressure to me. It might be that there is no pressure to pull the water from the well to the tank. Also check the water pressure gauge in your home, it should be anywhere between 50-60 psi. Let me know when you figure out the problem a little better, so we can all further assist you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well for house water stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

Coldest weather ever.well to house stopped working.

How to fix stopped up water line into house trailer [ 1 Answers ]

The water line is stopped up from the bathroom I guess to the kitchen sink.how do I back flush it? The water pressure to bathroom is great.it has slowly been getting worse to kitch until I can not even do dishes there anymore. I know nothing so any help would be great!! Please don't even assume...

My brother's water suddenly stopped working in his house. [ 6 Answers ]

His outdoor spigot works, but none of the plumbing inside works. We dug up the water lines and found that the galvanized pipe going to the shut off valve was broken (before the valve). We decided to play it safe, so we replaced all of the water line going to the house. Before hooking the new line...

I have a GEside by side refrigerator. Water stopped flowing from spout. Tap water bad [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE side by side (5 yrs old) Mod #GSS22SGRE SS and the water spouts been working fine until 4 days ago. It just stopped and hasn't worked since. When I ask for ice, great, but when I ask for water, nothing. I've changed the filter cause that's what the guy at Lowe's told me it was and still...

Buderus gas water heater - low water light on & stopped working after 3 months [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! We had a Buderus gas water heater installed in October 2008 (for both hot water and heating). It worked fine until a few weeks ago, when it stopped working suddenly, and the sensor showed that there wasn't enough water (low water light was on); after a couple of hours (or less), it...

View more questions Search